Who We Are:
At Avnet, relationships matter. We are a global, FORTUNE ® 500 technology distributor and solutions company that delivers design, supply chain and logistics expertise to customers at every stage of a product's lifecycle. Our employees have a front row seat to the latest innovations shaping the world we live in and the future we share. We're driven to help our customers around the world succeed and we do so by earning the trust of some of the biggest names in technology.
Working at Avnet means being a part of a global team. We work collaboratively and with integrity, doing business the right way. For more than a century, we have partnered together to help our customers, suppliers and teammates realize the transformative possibilities of technology. Experience what's next at Avnet!
Field sales executive focused on customers to achieve revenue and margin goals in assigned accounts. Identifies customer needs and applies company's value proposition to drive sales growth and improved profitability. Develops strategic relationships and aligns customer and business goals, creating and managing a business and execution plan for shared success among the customer, vendor partners and the company.
Job Level Specifications:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the customer interface to the company's resources that drives and supports high levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, as measured in surveys and share of wallet.
- Develops strong, strategic relationships with customer(s) to identify and leverage the customers' business goals, growth strategies and profit drivers to deliver the appropriate business value proposition sales solution strategy.
- Provides leadership and guidance in critical customer planning and engagement.
- Performs critical customer analysis to identify and leverage the partner's marketing programs to achieve growth in their customer's solutions capability.
- Engages customer(s) in joint planning that integrates the company's services, programs and supplier partnerships securing customer commitment for the development of a comprehensive investment in strategies that advance the company's market position, entanglement and financial goals
- Conducts regular business reviews with assigned accounts to track progress toward revenue and growth goals and owns execution of business plan.
- Maintains and monitors pipeline and metrics for assigned customers, performs analysis and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Supports supplier's strategies by aligning solutions with customer to maximize profitable growth, and customer expansion.
- Prioritize customers and opportunities with greatest potential for success.
- Closely manages profitability by minimizing profit leaks and maximizing gross profit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Developing expertise of business, financials, products/services, the market, or account needs. Expanded knowledge of the industry, markets and sales processes; broadens sales capabilities. Further develops an understanding of the range of products/ services that the organization and its competitors sell and that assigned customers purchase.
- Works with moderately complex territory/ assigned accounts, products/services, sales or account management processes. May refer to policies, practices and precedents for guidance; determines best course of action to achieve results. Solves sales problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using sales experience, judgment and precedent.
- Works independently within an assigned territory/account base with moderate sized accounts/opportunities. Has flexibility to set and negotiate terms within defined parameters; is beginning to plan own territory or account approach.
- Collaborates with internal team, managers and support functions. Has direct contact with clients.
- Impacts own sales quota and that of others; works within a defined territory or account list and to guidelines and policies.
Education and Certification(s):
- Minimum experience required is typically 3+ years with bachelor's or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
#LI-AMERWhat We Offer:
Our employees work hard to live our values and help us grow. Our total rewards strategy supports Avnet's ability to attract, engage, develop, and reward our employees, while promoting a diverse and inclusive environment. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs - from time away and flexible working arrangements to programs supporting employee well-being and opportunities to give back to your community.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401K and Pension Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Family Support (Paid Leave, Surrogacy, Adoption)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Account
- Education Assistance
- Employee Development Resources
- Employee Wellness, Leadership Development and Mentorship Programs
Benefits listed above may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Avnet.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.
This job has expired.