At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
AstraZeneca's strategy in Cardiovascular Renal Metabolic (CVRM) focuses on ways to reduce morbidity, mortality and organ damage by addressing multiple risk factors across cardiovascular (CV) disease, life-threatening bleeds, diabetes and chronic kidney-disease indications. The patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies, including early research into regenerative methods.
As an Acute Care Hospital Sales Manager - North West, you will play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
You will provide inspirational leadership and strategic direction to the Acute Care Hospital Sales Representative who engage key stakeholders within complex hospital accounts, institutional systems and integrated delivery network (IDNs) in order to achieve sales performance and assigned objectives in targeted accounts. This includes major Academic Centers, Comprehensive and large Community Hospitals. This is accomplished by achieving field day requirements and through effective coaching, mentoring and utilization of resources aligned with organizational vision.
By developing people you will drive business by observing your Acute Care Hospital Sales Representative's interactions across the entire patient journey (critical HCP decision points) within aligned hospitals and surrounding hospital service areas, providing him/her with individual coaching and feedback to develop them for success in current role and for future growth. As a role model and a liaison you will inspire commitment, trust, collaboration and motivation for the shared vision by facilitating team communication, morale and effectiveness within your own work unit and/or cross functional teams.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
Sales Leadership Acumen:
- Lead Acute Care Hospital Sales Representative to build trust with customers and demonstrate value in selling situations through high-quality engagements that deliver solutions in targeted accounts across diverse customer segments that may include major Academic Centers, Comprehensive and large Community Hospitals.
- Capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Key-Account management Plans by using a wide variety of promotional, personnel resources and analytical tools to improve efficiency in assigned sales geography, based on local assessment of customer needs.
- Establish and track account performance metrics to evaluate progress and performance, and to assess opportunity and need to adjust plans and associated tasks .
- Manage funds and resources and ensure their ethical, targeted allocation towards maximizing sales and return on investment. Clearly communicate the marketing strategy and ensure that it is implemented according to the Good Promotional Practice guidelines.
- Lead the team to delivering account performance objectives by developing cross-functional account plans that include specific, measurable, action oriented objectives in accordance with regional and national goals for targeted health systems, hospital accounts, institutional systems and integrated delivery network (IDNs) by demonstrating comprehensive understanding of the aligned Acute Care Hospital teams brand strategies and disease state knowledge to ensure each brand (s) can be effectively positioned with key Accounts.
- Understand multiple interdependencies within an account, consider customer healthcare goals and needs, and maximize account performance by building long-term relationships through collaborative business planning processes and approaches. This includes conducting business reviews with appropriate stakeholders and progress/results of Acute Care Hospital business, and previously identified opportunities to improve customer benefits.
Customer Segmentation & Targeting:
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams to prioritize account projects/initiatives that address changing customer and market requirements and needs. Present partnership opportunities to AstraZeneca's System account team, and coordinate project implementation.
- Lead Acute Care Hospitals Sales Representative team to identify key customer segments, channels, and opportunities regionally. Evaluate and prioritize business across many different types of customer segments including: Hospital accounts, institutional systems and integrated delivery network (IDNs); both Academic, Comprehensive and large Community Hospitals.
- Communicate Acute Care Hospital brands clinical information and commercial offers with meaning and relevance to individual customers; customize discussions and client interactions based on understanding of customer's needs
- Coordinate with customer team to inform customer strategy, outlining strategy for interactions/ relationship, solutions, and potential offerings for customer
- Doing business the right way adhering to AZ standards
- Bachelor's degree Minimum of 2 to 3 years first line pharmaceutical sales leadership experience with consistent & successful pharmaceutical and/or healthcare specialty sales, including experience with the different account customer types
- Ability develop strong, professional relationships for scientific exchange and promotion with healthcare providers in community and academic centers
- Demonstrated effective leadership capabilities, financial management and written and oral communications skills
- Ability to travel within territory on a regular basis which will include frequent overnight and weekend travel
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- Advanced or master's degree
- Preference for candidate to live within market, which includes: Seattle, Portland, OR. , Sacramento, CA. , Denver, CO. , Salt Lake City, UT.
- 7 or more years of experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare specialty sales including experience with the different account customer types
- Sales experience and/or leading a sales team with responsibility in Institutions and Hospital Systems, with preference for in-patient acute care call points
- Knowledge of Specialty Pharmacy Distribution Model
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and strong account management skills
- Prior experience with capitalizing on formulary approval and driving launch support
- Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and influence peers and educate management regarding account needs.
- Demonstrated organizational, communication and platform skills
- Experience with organized customers, preferably at the C-Suite level, and delivering value proposition of Acute care products
- Strong customer facing skills & demonstrated negotiating capability
- Knowledge of the managed market dynamics and competitive landscape in the acute care and/or CVRM space
- Exposure and/or experience in other functional areas of the business (e.g. Sales Training, Customer Solutions, Sales Operations, Managed Care and Marketing)
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.