The Adecco Group, the world leader in HR solutions, has a global, internal technology evolution organization, named Information Technology (IT). Our mission is to optimize IT processes, consolidate data centres, and standardize systems that result in innovative, flexible, and scalable technology solutions for our clients, candidates, and colleagues. Adecco recognizes that these goals cannot be accomplished without individuals who thrive in a high-challenge, high-reward environment, and is regularly seeking high-impact talent around the globe.
The Solutions Specialist is responsible for providing overall guidance, structure and authority for the creation and maintenance of solutions. Owns technical releases and upgrade cycles for a solution(s). Specifies technologies, application architectures and data structures as a basis for application development or customization. Produces and maintains all design documentation in line with organizational standards. Endorses solution design for deployment into the production environment. Ensures level 2 support as required for assigned solutions areas. Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Acts as a resource for team members with less experience. Works independently and receives minimal guidance.
- Acts as the key systems authority for an assigned business solution(s).
- Guarantees all work is compliant with identified guidelines, internal and external audit requirements, and any related financial and legislative requirements.
- Collaborates with Solution Architects, Infrastructure Architects and other technical team leads to ensure any proposed solutions fully integrate with existing and developing architectural patterns.
- Designs both functional and technical details of applications.
- Produces high-level, detailed, technical design specifications.
- Consults with and obtains design validation by the Architecture team as required.
- Ensures solutions are technically robust and are technically fit for purpose.
- Collaborates with project management team members to ensure designs and technical deliverables meet project objectives.
- Monitors technical activity within projects, highlights major issues and formulates solutions.
- Evaluates systems change proposals and ensures adherence to or adoption of the architecture and related strategy.
- Champions the implementation of architectural changes within the agreed program of work.
- Evaluates work packages and provides recommendations on "build or buy" decisions.
- Provides level 2 support as required for assigned solutions area.
- Identifies and recommends vendors for the development and maintenance of assigned solutions area.
- Validates Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are clearly defined in contracts before handing off to Procurement.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a related field with a minimum of five (5) years of related application architecture or solution design experience; or equivalent combination of post high school education and experience. Willingness and ability to travel is required.
Previous experience utilizing database technologies such as Oracle or Microsoft SQL and related experience in the staffing solutions industry is highly desirable.
Knowledge of Java, Weblogic and Oracles Databases required. Unix/AIX and Azure strongly preferred.COMPETENCIES:
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to be a strong team player, as well as the ability to effectively influence technical teams.
- Ability to act accordingly under strong pressure, along with the ability to effectively manage crisis situations.
- Ability to evaluate information, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgment, experience and common sense.
- Ability to develop, improve and/or streamline processes to meet established goals and objectives.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity in inventing new ways of approaching problems and developing innovated applications.
- Ability to recognize the needs of internal customers and create new applications that answer those needs.
- Ability to deliver to and successfully manage stakeholder expectations while working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, budgets and resources.
- Ability to demonstrate expertise in delivering to a strategic agenda.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply best standards practices in software development and enterprise application architecture methodologies, such as Agile and Scrum.
- Knowledge of and the ability interpret and apply best standards and practices in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply best standards and practices in IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management processes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Adecco Group North America, through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands including Accounting Principals, Adecco General Staffing, Adia, Ajilon, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world's leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services teams. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
T he Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
This job has expired.