Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
To perform complex clerical assignments, provide administrative support, and manage front office operations for the department of Campus Recreation.
Campus Recreation is located in the Student Recreation Center and provides students with facilities, programs, and services that build an engaged community, encourage healthy, active people, and enhance student success.
You will join a team that is creating an exciting environment, values collaboration and teamwork, and is welcoming to all Boise State University students, faculty and staff. We are creating a workplace that values the voices and contributions of employees at all levels, listens, and responds to our community.
Applies skills and job knowledge in area of specialization; may adapt procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet needs of area of specialization; may work on non-routine tasks; resolves issues/makes working decisions within area of specialization or responsibility with minimal supervision.
Administrative Support & Front Office Operations 60%
Personnel Support 35%
- Greet and welcome all visitors in the administrative suite who are seeking to meet with professional staff members. Distribute staff contact information when requested and secure contact information from visitors to schedule follow-up meetings and appointments.
- Provide administrative support of the day-to-day office operations including the purchasing of office supplies and equipment, monitoring and ensuring adequate inventory levels of supplies, as well as updating, configuring and maintain office equipment.
- Monitor and manage the Campus Recreation email account to ensure emails are answered in a timely manner. Compose and distribute a variety of official department correspondences to Boise State community members and Rec Center patrons.
- Support professional staff in maintaining accurate, up-to-date electronic/paper files, staff contact and telephone lists, out-of-office calendars, employee leave requests, and administrator on call calendars.
- Directly oversee the daily management and operations of Campus Recreation's time clock database including the addition and separation of student employees, maintaining up-to-date employee database records, and coordinating with University Payroll to process and upload bi-weekly payroll reports.
- Serve as Campus Recreation's time coordinator and payroll liaison for the university's time entry and absence system. Ensure time entries are entered and processed by the established deadlines and remain up-to-date and knowledgeable of HCM software.
- Serve as Campus Recreation's liaison to Human Resources to ensure the department remains informed and updated on new and/or existing HR policies, practices, and procedures.
- Serve as the main point-of-contact for Central Receiving and assist in the daily operations of receiving, distributing, and sending departmental mail.
- Other administrative support tasks as needed or assigned by the Director
Other Administrative Tasks 5%
- Support Campus Recreation staff in ensuring all professional, classified, and student personnel records are current and comply with the University's Human Resource Department policies and procedures.
- Support Campus Recreation staff in onboarding new student employees including the management and completion of new student hires in Campus Solutions, collection and verification of required new hire paperwork and forms; management and distribution of employee uniforms, name tags, and mailboxes; door access to the Rec Center; and access to Rec Center software programs such as Fusion, Connect2Concepts, etc.
- Support Campus Recreation staff in onboarding new professional staff members to include scheduling head shot with Photo Services, ordering business cards, configuring office phone with OIT, producing name tag and nameplate, setting up door access to the Rec Center, etc.
- Support Campus Recreation staff in the administration and completion of electronic contracts, forms, or other business documents. Route appropriate documents for signature and/or approval using the university's designated e-signature tools.
- Serve as the search administrator for the professional staff search and hiring process.
- Coordinate with the search committee chair and incoming candidate to schedule dates and times for on-campus interviews, complete on-campus interview itineraries, complete hotel and flight reservations, disseminate candidate feedback forms, and assist with processing reimbursements.
- Serve as the travel administrator for professional staff travel. Coordinate with professional staff to complete hotel and flight reservations, conference reservations, and manage all aspects with processing travel reimbursements.
- Assist Campus Rec personnel in the management, preparation, and reconciliation of daily transactions and deposits to Departmental Deposits.
- Other administrative support tasks as needed by professional staff members.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Assist the Director of Campus Recreation to plan, coordinate, and schedule meeting times, locations, and rooms for departmental meetings. Work with on-campus partners and external constituents to schedule meeting times, locations, and rooms for joint meetings.
- Intake patron questions, feedback, complaints and disseminate information to the appropriate program area or professional staff member.
- Ability to compose official correspondence, reports, research papers and other complex documents; providing administrative support to an administrator, director or senior staff member; designing manual and automated record management systems.
- Some knowledge of supervisory practices; bookkeeping; financial software; state and local government organization structure, functions, and decision-making processes.
Good knowledge of: office support functions including word processing; filing; composing a variety of business documents; reception; and researching, compiling, and summarizing data for reports.
Experience: in interpreting, applying and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services; independently solving problems/performing liaison activities in a work setting; coordinating activities requiring complex arrangements. Score within the top 25 on exam. Salary and Benefits:
Hourly rate ranges from $17.48 - $19.43 depending on experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/
. Required Application Materials:
Please provide a resume and cover letter with the application. Advertised:
October 26, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time Applications close:
November 07, 2021 11:55 PM Mountain Standard Time
This job has expired.