SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH - BLOO (BL-SPHB-IUBLA)
- Oversees central reception desk.
- Creates and maintains procedures for office operation, ensuring a welcoming environment and student access to services.
- Troubleshoots technical issues related to front desk operation.
- Oversees system for appointment check in.
- Maintains calendars (e.g., monitor for scheduling conflicts; close calendars on holidays; cancel appointments when staff call in sick), reports issues, creates/maintains drop-in/phone-in schedules for advisors. Plans and maintains calendar of reoccurring and operational responsibilities.
- Answers phones and direct calls. Makes appropriate referrals; shares pertinent referral information with Student Services staff.
- Monitors central email account(s) for office, responding to emails as needed and forwarding as appropriate to other office staff.
- Liaises with schools and other outside units.
- Responds to inquiries from outside the department; answers questions regarding department's policies and procedures or refer to appropriate office.
- Maintains databases, tracking and analyzing processes as necessary. Works with systems such as Excel, Tableau, Student Information Systems, etc.
- Provides support for courses offered by the unit, including scheduling, reserving rooms, coordinating registration process, preparing class materials, etc.
- Plans coordinates and executes events, ranging from small group to large information sessions and fairs.
- Oversees registration process; organizes and plans logistics associated with events.
- Updates websites and other unit materials. Maintains unit list-serves. Assists with outreach as necessary.
- Assists with Student Service events (Career Fairs, New Student Orientation, etc.) as needed, including planning and implementing office procedures, liaising with other departments, moving materials to satellite locations, managing advising appointments and check in process, etc.
- Processes financial transactions; places printing orders; oversees central office printer, copiers, fax, etc; Orders and tracks supplies.
- Makes room reservations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Evaluates office production, revises procedures, or devises new forms to improve efficiency of workflow.
- Organizes office operations and procedures, such as creation of Word and Excel files, bookkeeping, and preparation of payrolls, flow of correspondence, filing, requisition of supplies, and other office services.
- Oversees opening, sorting, and routing of incoming mail, answers correspondence and prepares outgoing mail.
- Monitors the use of office supplies and equipment; reorders items as required.
- Ensures that office procedures and policies are being maintained and communicated.
- Compiles, copies, sorts, and files records of office activities.
- May perform other duties related to maintaining an internal website and/or working with social media.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of relevant experience
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proficient communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidential information
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Benefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Intermediate
Job Function: General Administration
Job Family: Administrative Generalist
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.