This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
Global policies and government affairs are critical to advancing our business objectives and enabling our vision for an all-electric future. At General Motors, Global Public Policy is a first-in-class team that drives growth opportunities through public policy advocacy. Our business-led advocacy and engagement around the world is built upon four strategic pillars:
- Profile & Visibility - Advancing GM's leadership and relationships with policy stakeholders
- Strategic Insights - Providing political and policy counsel that support GM's operations and goals
- Policy Development - Influencing policy to drive growth opportunities
- Market Development - Supporting business opportunities through governmental engagement
The Analyst, Strategic Initiatives will support GM Global Public Policy's Strategic Initiative team, which is responsible for identifying and assessing growth opportunities, emerging risks, and long-term trends; informing and strengthening advocacy; and driving enterprise and policy alignment.
Reporting to the Head of Global Strategic Initiatives, the Analyst will be responsible primarily for monitoring key policy issues, conducting research and analysis, and supporting strategic projects and advocacy efforts across a broad range of policy topics that impact GM.
The role requires a candidate who is proactive and results-driven; possesses strong analytical and communications skills; and thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment focused on enabling GM's vision of an all-electric future for everyone.Responsibilities
Additional Job DescriptionQualifications
- Support strategic projects and campaigns across a range of policy topics that align with GM business goals and activities
- Work closely with Strategic Initiatives team members to coordinate projects, execute plans, and support enterprise and public policy collaboration
- Proactively identify, monitor, assess, and report on emerging policy and public trends, risks, and opportunities that impact GM's operations and business priorities
- Conduct research and prepare clear and concise analyses of important political and regulatory topics for GM leadership
- Bachelor's Degree with 2+ years of experience in political science, economics, intelligence analysis, international relations, government, public affairs, or a related field
- Public affairs, campaign, or coalition experience in support of public policy initiatives
- Familiarity with policy issues and trends for the auto industry (e.g., trade policies, energy and environmental issues, transportation technology, manufacturing and supply chains, labor)
- Creative, strategic thinker with excellent written and oral communications skills (two writing samples required)
- Superb attention detail and analytical and deductive reasoning skills
- Coachable, highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to be flexible and precise under tight deadlines
- Experience in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment
- Clear reputation for ethical conduct, integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrates boldness and creativity that is also strategically relevant and results-driven
- Deals well with ambiguity - able to adapt and quickly analyze situations and propose appropriate courses of action
- High level of enthusiasm, persistence, initiative, and experienced judgment to identify priorities, initiate projects, and complete activities with a strong sense of urgency
The median level of salary compensation for this role is $92,000.Bonus Potential:
An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.Benefits:
GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.#LI-Remote#gmremoteAbout GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.