Guardian Couplings is a premier manufacturer of world-class couplings and other highly reliable power transmission components. As a subsidiary of Altra Motion, Guardian provides coupling and component solutions to meet the most challenging industrial application requirements. The Application Specialist will provide advanced technical support and knowledge to Guardian customers and serve as the liaison internally between the Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing and Procurement teams. The Application Specialist will support the product selection and deployment. This role will also be responsible for also developing new business opportunities with prospective customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Have adequate working knowledge and technical expertise on all products produced in the Michigan City, IN facility to specify new application request and product specification.
- Support the development and implementation of the business strategy and ensure it is closely linked with the strategic priorities of the business
- Generate new sales opportunities for continuous organic growth of the business unit.
- Develop and maintain a target customer activity plan that includes opportunities, quotes, orders and projects for key customers.
- Work with inside and/or outside sales representatives to ensure account activities are on schedule.
- Coordinate with and visit target customers to provide training and product presentations as required.
- Work with cross functional departments to ensure customer satisfaction including but not limited to, quality, delivery and cost.
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to make well-informed, effective and timely decisions.
- Proficient using SAP and Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Working knowledge or Solidworks or equivalent preferred.
- Able to read engineering blueprints.
- Ability to work with vendors, customers, and employees.
- Effective and collaborative problem-solving skills including collecting data, defining the problem establishing a solution, creating a standard, and sustaining the improvement.
- Demonstrated talent for building effective relationships with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Associates degree in Engineering required; combination of education and experience to be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience with technical sales preferred
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.