In this position, you will integrate a variety of actuarial issues and insurance principles in support of the reserving, financial reporting and underwriting functions for our Worker's Compensation (WC) and/or Property and Auto Liability (PAL) lines of coverage. You will be responsible for a wide range of projects in support of these lines of coverage and you will need to execute sound judgment in the selection of key project assumptions.
- Complete loss and LAE reserve analyses for various WC and PAL lines of coverage and effectively communicate assumptions, trends, selections and insights to management; research new actuarial methodologies to incorporate into analyses
- Develop and produce monthly, quarterly and annual management information analyses in support of the financial reporting, reinsurance and claims functions; effectively communicate results of analyses to management.
- Support the pricing strategy of WC and PAL lines of business, including preparing collateral analyses and effectively communicating results to our business partners.
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
This job has expired.
- Four or more years of property and casualty actuarial experience; Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Access skills a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft SQL and Visual Basic is a plus
- Demonstrated success managing projects with minimal supervision will be required;
- Ability to effectively communicate with contacts outside of the actuarial field is necessary;
- BS in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related field is preferred
- Minimum of four (4) completed actuarial exams and active participation in the CAS exam track is essential