Assistant Client Accounting Manager
Job Description Summary
Primary contact for Accountants, interns and Accounting Assistants regarding general questions or troubleshooting issues. Use sound technical skills and solid judgment to provide expert knowledge and leadership to accounting team members. Assist Accounting Manager in maintaining client relationships, financial review, onboarding, off-boarding and transition of properties.
Essential Job Duties:
• Prepare comprehensive financial reporting packages timely and accurately in accordance with internal controls and client requirements; Includes prioritizing and maintaining high volume workload and productivity standards for multiple clients
• Coordinate with Property Management and clients to onboard new business, set up accounting software, train and transition to Accountants
• Train, coach and support accounting team members; trouble-shoot complex issues; Escalate team, client, or property management issues to Accounting Manager as appropriate; propose and discuss issue resolution
• Review team members' financial reports to ensure quality, timeliness, audit compliance and assess competencies
• Assist with monitoring team performance, capacity, special projects and leading team meetings
• Monitor team and/or market-wide requirements of timely tax payments, revenue portal updates, time tracking and Corporate Aging follow-up
• Leads team in serving a group of clients, including multiple strategic and/or key clients; Facilitates communication and acts as liaison between team, manager, internal and external stakeholders.
• Assess team/department workflows and policies to recommend or implement improvements in operating efficiencies and effectiveness
• Comply and assist with internal and external audits by providing appropriate documentation and information as requested; perform financial report reviews of accountants' work to ensure it meets quality control and audit compliance requirements
• Develop direct reports (as applicable) through goal setting, conducting mid-year and year-end performance reviews and delivering timely and meaningful performance feedback, while maintaining quality results and performance
• Perform other related duties as required or requested.
• Leads/Assigns/Delegates tasks to Sr. Client Accountants, Client Accountants, Client Accounting Coordinators and/or Interns
• May coordinate efforts of project team to complete work within project deadlines
• Provides solutions to routine/complex problems
• Direct reports may include Sr. Client Accountants, Client Accountants, Client Accounting Coordinators and/or Interns
• College degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
• Requires three to five years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Specialized Knowledge/Skills - Strong knowledge of Yardi and/or MRI software preferred; Strong MS Office Proficiency; Financial reporting for multiple entities preferred; Strong customer service skills
• Communication - Oral & Written
• Conflict Resolution
• Customer/Client Focus
• Team Building
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago