Booth Admissions, MBA Programs: Student Recruitment
About the Department
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 54,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment.
The Assistant Director is a key member of the Full-Time MBA recruitment team, which develops and maintains relationships with internal and external partners and coordinates all facets of the in-person/virtual experience for prospective students in order to increase awareness of the MBA program. Serves as the lead on all on-campus and virtual programming for prospective students.
- Oversees the daily campus visit program as well as various on-campus events for prospective students. Works with faculty, and other departments to coordinate class visits, and develop new opportunities for on-campus engagement.
- Oversees all admission virtual events.
- Partners with marketing team to develop new initiatives to increase visitor volume throughout the year.
- Leads efforts to optimize group visits from schools and other community organizations.
- Explores new opportunities for prospective students to engage virtually through online tours, self-guided opportunities, etc.
- Oversees the Student Ambassador program. Recruits and trains student volunteers.
- Monitors and manages the on-campus event budget.
- Serves as a member of the admissions committee. Conducts MBA recruitment, evaluation, and yield activities. Duties include reading and evaluating applications; traveling domestically and internationally and attending various recruiting and yield events.
- Recruits and/or evaluates applicants for admission by interviewing, reading applications and summarizing evaluations. Completes these tasks independently or with some guidance and instruction from others.
- Participates in special projects such as developing marketing materials, monitoring budgets and recruiting underrepresented groups with moderate/high levels of authority.
- Performs other related work as needed.
Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.---
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 2-5 years of work experience in a related job discipline.---
Technical Skills or Knowledge:
- Higher education experience.
- Medium to large-scale (greater than 100) event planning experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills.
- Professional demeanor including tact, discretion and a customer service oriented approach.
- Proven record of accomplishment of time management and organizational skills, as well as exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and proven ability to meet deadlines and work successfully as member of a team.
- This position is currently expected to work a minimum three days per week in the office.
- Resume/CV (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
When applying, the document(s) MUST
be uploaded via the My Experience
page, in the section titled Application Documents
of the application.Job Family
Student Affairs & ServicesRole Impact
Individual ContributorFLSA Status
MonthlyScheduled Weekly Hours
YesRequires Compliance with University Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
YesDrug Test Required
NoHealth Screen Required
NoMotor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
Employees must comply with the University's COVID-19 vaccination requirements. More information about the requirements can be found on the University of Chicago Vaccination GoForward.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages a diversity of perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes a review of conviction history. A conviction does not automatically preclude University employment. Rather, the University considers conviction information on a case-by-case basis and assesses the nature of the offense, the circumstances surrounding it, the proximity in time of the conviction, and its relevance to the position.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at:http://securityreport.uchicago.edu.Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
This job has expired.