Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager in Pocatello- ID.
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining cost tracking tools which can be used to forecast Capital Projects and Turnaround cost.
- Development of information of work processes for input and output of controls product, i e , estimate, schedule, cost reports, etc
- Review scope of work, activity list, duration of each resource, and material requirements by analysis of engineering documents and job specifications for project work and TARs
- Assist and provide recommendations for resolution of complex cost report problems
- Make oral presentations during project review meetings for cost forecast
- Utilize expertise, project controls and on-site review to plan, monitor, report and audit all information concerning status of project completion; promptly identify and analyze areas of concern and scheduling problems; develop and propose potential solutions and workarounds to keep projects/TARs within budget
Skills / Qualifications KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent
- Requires at least 5+ years of relevant experience in planning, executing, scheduling and cost reporting on maintenance and construction projects
- Requires demonstrated ability to perform project cost tracking
- Requires excellent working knowledge of Microsoft products with a strong background in Excel and Access, also must demonstrate the ability to read and analyze Primavera P-6 schedules
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, good judgment and the ability to work with field construction personnel as well as engineering, operations personnel, owners and management personnel
- Requires complete knowledge and understanding of project controls
- Requires the ability to read P&ID's, Orthographic and Isometric drawings
- Requires the ability to facilitate meetings, perform schedule presentations, and provide expert advice to management for the resolution of complex scheduling issues
- Requires the ability to perform complex mathematical computations using spreadsheet software
- Requires the ability to import, export and link spreadsheets to scheduling software
- Must be self-directed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Requires the ability to stand, walk, and sit regularly
- Requires the ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and see, talk, and hear
- Occasionally requires the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate i e, Business office with computer printers, telephone ringers, and light traffic.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.