Booth Advancement: Alumni Relations
About the Department
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges.
Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment.
Chicago Booth is proud to claim:
-an unmatched faculty.
-degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents.
-a global body of nearly 56,000 accomplished alumni.
- strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities.
As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment.
For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/.
The Associate Director, Alumni Engagement, Technology Support will develop, implement, and execute a strategy to grow and strengthen the engagement and philanthropy of alumni and students as they engage in alumni community systems and platforms managed by Chicago Booth's Office of Advancement. This position will build engagement to develop alumni affiliation and strengthen pipelines across Chicago Booth, manage and moderate an online platform, and expand the breadth and depth of affiliation with the school and alumni community. The Associate Director will engage key partners across Chicago Booth and the University to successfully achieve their goals and meet expectations.
This position is based in Chicago and requires occasional work in the evenings and on weekends.
- Manages the online alumni engagement platform as it moves through public launch and beyond.
- Develops and implements an online community strategy to increase engagement and affiliation via the online engagement platform in order to positively impact the relationship alumni and students have with one another and Chicago Booth.
- Provides technical support to students, faculty, and staff and serves as liaison to vendors. Partners with internal stakeholders including program teams, service teams, IT, and campus partners to achieve program goals and to ensure coordination.
- Provides ongoing review of system operating requirements in alignment with budget planning.
- Provides up-to-date system and processes documentation and inventories.
- Trains and supports alumni volunteers and staff to create and cultivate online communities.
- Develops content management strategy in partnership with the Advancement Communications team and keeps online community up-to-date with content relevant to users and important to Chicago Booth.
- Utilizes data to promote a culture of continual improvement and high client satisfaction based on deploying best practices. Identifies and socializes online community management standards, best practices and engagement tactics, based on peer, industry and alumni digital community benchmarks.
- Active in monitoring across communities and makes recommendations to help maximize online community building efforts; manages constituent complaints and reputational issues and other high priorities; evolves approach to supporting online communities, including training and product enhancements.
- Inputs and assesses metrics and progress towards goals, including website performance indicators and analytics, reporting out on successes, opportunities, and challenges.
- Contributes to alumni community design, compliance with brand standards, and messaging goals.
- Is part of the strategy of the Alumni Association in order to provide peerless service to alumni worldwide and develop lifelong relationships in a manner consistent with sound business practices and overarching University and development goals.
- Has a deep understanding of strategic planning, data management, the creation and tracking of metrics, and the creation and implementation of new constituent relations programs worldwide. Measures, tracks, and reports participation and success of initiatives.
- Performs other related work as needed.
Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.---
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 5-7 years of work experience in a related job discipline.---
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Minimum five years of direct experience in higher education, platform management, or IT related fields.
- Experience in change management or training program design and delivery.
- Demonstrated experience working with both internal and external partners.
- Volunteer management experience.
- Experience working in a fundraising campaign.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Think strategically, manage projects and proactively communicate with stakeholders, solve complex business and technical challenges, and be a team player.
- Work in a rigorous, deadline-driven, highly collaborative environment, self-motivated and work well with and through others.
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills, characterized by the ability to listen, speak, and write well.
- Strong commitment to customer service with track record in user support roles in technology management and demonstrated experience in working with volunteers that support online community engagement.
- Manage confidential information with discretion and tact.
- Work with a range of technical staff to develop joint solutions.
- This position is currently expected to work a minimum three days per week in the office.
- Willing and able to attend events outside of business hours.
- Resume/CV (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
When applying, the document(s) MUST
be uploaded via the My Experience
page, in the section titled Application Documents
of the application.Job Family
Alumni Relations & DevelopmentRole Impact
Individual ContributorFLSA Status
MonthlyScheduled Weekly Hours
YesDrug Test Required
NoHealth Screen Required
NoMotor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages a diversity of perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes a review of conviction history. A conviction does not automatically preclude University employment. Rather, the University considers conviction information on a case-by-case basis and assesses the nature of the offense, the circumstances surrounding it, the proximity in time of the conviction, and its relevance to the position.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at:http://securityreport.uchicago.edu.Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
This job has expired.