Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 50countries and about 50,000 staff.
With over 30 years of experience in the crop protection industry, Eurofins Agroscience Services offers outstanding technical knowledge and project management skills. By acquiring a carefully selected range of CRO's, Eurofins Agroscience Services has created a unique portfolio of expertise that provides analytical, regulatory, and field support to plant breeders, agrochemical, biopesticide, biocide, and fine chemicalmanufacturers.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is searching for an Associate Director, Biodegradation and Metabolism to work in Hercules, CA.
Associate Director, Biodegradation and Metabolism responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
QualificationsThe ideal candidate would possess:
- Use a diverse range of analytical methods for investigation of a test substance in a test system
- Serve as Study Director for multiple projects responsible for scientific quality and monitoring GLP compliance of work performed
- Preparation of study protocols, scheduling work for others, communication to Sponsor of project status with written updates, response to audits, interpretation of data and preparation of final reports.
- Supervision and training of laboratory staff of techniques used in the laboratory including but not limited to use of analytical balances, measuring volumes, proficient at dispensing volumes with devices such as syringe, pipet, or graduated cylinder, preparation of buffer solutions, use of pH meter, sample processing/homogenization, microbial analysis, calibrant preparations, total organic carbon measurement, wet/dry determinations, sample combustions, use of liquid scintillation counters and assist with experimental setup such as preparation of traps for volatile components, sample extractions, concentration of soluble fractions, partitioning of sample extracts, chromatographic analysis using various techniques such as thin layer chromatography (TLC), or high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), derivatization (chemical or enzyme), sample preparation procedures including SPE, etc.
- Documentation of work performed in laboratory notebooks, worksheets, instrument logbooks, or other printed documents as per applicable SOP and GLP guidelines.
- Organization and maintenance of study raw data binders.
- Helps with laboratory housekeeping maintaining and organizing the laboratory space to keep appearance clean and safe for laboratory personnel
- Contribute to revision of SOPs and writing new SOPs
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve problems encountered during conduct of studies. Design experimental approaches to problem solving.
- Interact directly with Sponsors on direction of project, presentation of updates and preparation of reports.
- Assists with handling group finances typically responsible for managing budget of assigned projects and fiscal responsibility of ordering laboratory supplies. Prepares cost estimates for projects. Assists with hiring of competent employees.
- May be assigned additional tasks by Directors or Management
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Requires at least BA/BS degree in science related field with 10 years relevant work experience,
- MS degree in science related field with 7 years relevant work experience, Ph.D. degree with 5years relevant work experience.
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Hercules, CAare encouraged to apply
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
www.eurofinsus.com.What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.Your data
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.