Job Description - SAP Finance Lead
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: "Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide." Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a "big venture" company at heart, applying creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 50,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.
All Otsuka stories start by taking the road less travelled. Learn more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company on its global website at www.otsuka.co.jp/en. Learn more about Otsuka in the U.S. at www.otsuka-us.com.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Lead design, maintenance and continuous improvement of Enterprise SAP template for Finance workstream
- Responsible to support the implementation and production support of the core financial processes (Enterprise structure, GL, AP, AR, Project Accounting, Assets, Treasury, Credit Management, CO-PA) in ERP and SAP reporting across various financial systems. This would also include connecting financial systems to SAP.
- Candidate should have extensive expertise in Requirements Evaluation/grooming, Process mapping, Configuration, Design, Development, Conversions, Enhancements, Testing, Trouble shooting, Documentation and Reporting in S/4 HANA Finance space.
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into high level and detail design
- Understanding of the SAP cloud integration strategies and methods including API's, Cloud Integration Gateway etc.
- Provide consultation to application owners, business partners and peer groups regarding long and short-range architecture solutions to meet business objectives
- Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
- Must have end to end Record to Report process knowledge in SAP including master data and supporting applications driving the financial value chain
- Responsible to support all month end activities required to ensure that the month's financial results are accurate, complete and in compliance with Otsuka's corporate, sector and local market accounting policies
- Able to perform as Cross-organizational lead/go-to person for Solution Area(s)/Component(s)
- Multiplication of solution knowledge across entire organization (how things work and why)
- Driving visibility and knowledge of new product Enhancements and roadmap
- Be Involved in RFP Responses, requirements gathering/evaluation and solution architecture for New SAP Projects or addition of new functionalities to current SAP applications
- Engage with AMS vendor to support high impact incident analysis and lead RCA conversations with the vendor and the business
- Provide solutions to complex/high impact issues
- Provide workarounds/alternatives to prevent excessive customizations
- A Bachelor's Degree with Finance background is required
- 15-20 years of experience in configuring, deploying and managing SAP ERP with a focus on General Ledger, Period Closing, Multiple Valuations, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, Asset Accounting, Treasury, Credit Management, Bank Accounting and various SAP Controlling module components is required.
- Must have strong cross module application knowledge in SAP S/4HANA digital core especially around integration with Ariba, Direct Procurement, Order to Cash and reporting domains
- Experience in SAP S/4HANA digital core with SAP Fiori experience is must have.
- Experience in dealing with labor, material and expenses booking to WBS elements and integrating with projects billing is must have
- Experience in SAP HCM module (mini HR) integrations to financial objects will be an asset
- Multiple projects implementation for a Pharma/Biotech customers is must have
- Experience in SAP Central Finance is an asset.
- Experience in implementing SAP Project System and related reporting is must have
- Experience in integrating SAP with banks, consolidation applications like blackline, planning and reporting applications like Hyperion and Anaplan, payroll systems, 3PL systems is preferred
- Team player with strong problem-solving skills, must be detail-oriented and have ability to manage priorities and deadlines
- High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly-growing organization.
- Ability to work with technical and business-oriented teams, to work collaboratively with employees within department and across functions
- Ability to convey information clearly and provide analysis as needed to help customers make proper business decisions.
- Up to 10% travel is required based upon business needs
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.