The Associate Scientific Operations Manager (ASOM) or Scientific Operations Manager (SOM) will work in a team-based environment to support R&D and project management. The ideal candidate will have a background and interest in molecular biology or genetics, preferably with laboratory experience in a CRO setting in a GLP and/or GMP laboratory. The ASOM/SOM will use his/her scientific knowledge to implement and execute best practices for proper and timely execution of projects related to analytical testing for cell and gene therapy (CGT) products. Attention to detail, computer skills, and the ability to work within a team are key qualities.
Other important functions include:
- Design studies to support the feasibility assessment, optimization and validation of analytical methodologies utilized for CGTs.
- Review study protocols to support analytical testing for cell and gene therapies
- Coordinate internal research projects and Sponsor-driven studies to optimize service offerings and realize efficiencies
- Act as a liaison with the operations, bioassay, and bioanalytical teams to ensure that studies are completed according to timelines and to troubleshoot problems when they occur
- Work on other assignments as directed by Management
- Provide scientific consultative support for CGT analytical testing services, including PCR (qPCR, RT-PCR, ddPCR), NAb assays, protein chemistry and immunoassays.
- Remain current on global regulatory requirements and industry trends related to development of drugs, biologics, and CGT products
- Maintain accurate records in multiple internal databases
- Manage client expectations with timely and relevant communications
- Degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or pharmacology
- 2-3 years relevant industry experience for ASOM, 3-5 years relevant industry experience for SOM
- Working knowledge of potency assays and/or gene and cell therapies
- Position requires strong professional communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to adapt in a dynamic team environment are keys for success
Local Candidates Preferred Benefits
Absorption Systems cares about our work community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a benefits package that meets their personal needs. Company benefits include the following:
About Absorption Systems, a Pharmaron Company
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Health Reimbursement Account Funded by Employer
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Life and AD&D Insurance 100% Employer Paid
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance for Employee, Spouse & Child(ren)
- Short and Long Term Disability 100% Employer Paid
- 401k with Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program
Absorption Systems, founded in 1996, assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in identifying and overcoming ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity) barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and medical devices. Additionally, Absorption Systems goes deep into each of those areas, offering in vitro, in situ and in vivo models to assess the properties in question. The company's mission is to continually develop innovative research tools that can be used to accurately predict human outcomes or to explain unanticipated human outcomes when they occur. Absorption Systems has facilities in Exton, PA, San Diego, CA, and Boston, MA to serve customers throughout the world.
Alongside of our enthusiasm for science and research, we have a passion to see each and every one of our employees grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We encourage our employees to continually enhance their ability to contribute to the success of the organization and advance their careers. Absorption Systems is committed to creating an environment where individuals are encouraged to grow and work in collaboration with each other while being passionate about innovation. The professional culture of our organization is a goal-oriented environment full of internally driven and motivated professionals. Our company is unique in the fact that there is freedom for autonomy to execute and the ability for each employee to grow in directions that align their individual aspirations with company growth.
Please visit http://www.absorption.com to learn more.
Absorption Systems is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.