An exciting opportunity exists to join the ProAssurance family of companies!
We are a specialty writer of professional liability, products liability and workers' compensation insurance. With approximately 1,000 team members operating in all 50 states, we are well-positioned to offer career opportunities to individuals interested in professional growth.
This position supports our healthcare professional liability line of business and we are seeking candidates located in the Austin TX area so they can report to the office as needed for training, meetings and special events.
The primary responsibility of the Associate Underwriter is to provide support in the underwriting of business that will produce an underwriting profit. Review submissions and identify exposure and risk, determine accurate classifications and rates. The Associate Underwriter may answer questions concerning a policy status or billing on behalf of an underwriter or sales staff. Under the guidance of underwriters and supervisors, they may analyze applications and screen applicants based on certain criteria, and ensure that policy transactions such as renewals or quotes are issued and changes are recorded correctly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- 60% - Assist in the evaluation of risk through the review of new and renewal business, determining risk acceptance, pricing terms, and conditions.
- Perform functions in accordance with established standards, guidelines, rates, and coverage forms filed and approved by law in the state of responsibility.
- Ensure that renewal and new business submissions are complete with current data to identify and evaluate risk.
- Examine risk profile and loss history and take necessary steps to ensure that each risk is appropriately classified and priced.
- Recommend new and renewal business indications and quotes.
- Recommend relevant applicable surcharges, discounts, or credits.
- 15% - Participate in Committee and Department meetings. Prepare underwriting reports and reviews as requested by management for review at these meetings.
- 10% - Work with internal sales and marketing to foster and maintain insured relationships, identify prospects and other opportunities for business development.
- 5% - Request Risk Management referrals as indicated.
- 5% - Work in partnership with Service Center leadership and staff to foster efficient and accurate service to our agents and insureds.
- 5% - Perform special projects as directed by management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Insurance, Business or related field preferred. High school diploma with eight years relevant experience required in lieu of degree.
- In addition, two years of insurance experience is required.
- Prior professional liability underwriting experience desired but not required.
- Understanding of insurance terminology, and insurance and underwriting principles preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to accomplish multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Accomplished written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic analytical ability, in order to gather data and interpret information; request more information when data is incomplete and prioritize work.
- Continual attention to detail in processing policy information, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to assess the urgency and importance of a situation and take appropriate action.
Here at ProAssurance, we believe our team members are our most valuable asset. We are committed to providing a dynamic and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work and grow personally and professionally.
For that reason, we partner with The Predictive Index (PI) - an organization equally committed to improving the working lives of people, to help us hire the best talent by providing additional insight about one's work style.
In order for your application to be complete, the position you applied to requires completion of two assessments - Behavioral and Cognitive. Each assessment takes less than 12 minutes to complete. After submitting your application, you will receive two emails from The Predictive Index inviting you to complete each of these assessments (please check your SPAM or Junk email folder if you do not see these emails in your inbox).Position Salary Range
$20.34 - $33.57The salary range displayed represents the entirety of the pay grade for this position. Most candidates will start in the bottom half of the range. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have, your location and comparison to other team members already in this role.
This job has expired.