JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. Our mission is to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. To accomplish this, JDRF has invested more than $2.5 billion in research funding since our inception. We are an organization built on a grassroots model of people connecting in their local communities, collaborating regionally for efficiency and broader fundraising impact, and uniting on a national stage to pool resources, passion, and energy. We collaborate with academic institutions, policymakers, and corporate and industry partners to develop and deliver a pipeline of innovative therapies to people living with T1D. Our staff and volunteers in chapters across the United States and our five international affiliates are dedicated to advocacy, community engagement, and our vision of a world without T1D. For more information, please visit www.jdrf.org or follow us on Twitter @JDRF.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease. JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The AVP Global Access Strategy will play a pivotal role in the Foundation's mission to enhance global access to modern therapies for people with Type 1 Diabetes (T1D), aiming to save 6 million lives and improve the quality of life for millions more. Reporting to the VP Global Access, the successful candidate will lead the strategy team and collaborate closely with the Foundation's leadership, stakeholders, and global partners to reduce the burden of T1D and advance innovative solutions. As a startup group within a larger foundation, we value entrepreneurialism, collaboration, and a strong focus on the people living with T1D, whom we ultimately serve and empower.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Collaborate with the VP Global Access and other stakeholders in developing and implementing a comprehensive T1D global access strategy, ensuring alignment with the Foundation's mission, incl.:
- Develop and execute initiatives to measure and monitor the burden of T1D globally and in key countries, building on the successful launch of the T1D Index (T1Dindex.org)
- Develop a strong strategic perspective on intervention and care models that could address that burden, empowering and improving the lives of people with T1D - including M&E assessment
- Identify and assess in key countries the systemic barriers to the deployment of these interventions and care models (e.g. supply chain, workforce) and methods to address same
- Develop an integrated view of the portfolio of funders and funded interventions in T1D global access, building a perspective on effective resource allocation and financial sustainability
- Build a perspective on the global delivery partnerships and timelines required for delivering positive change, as well as tracking progress and creating transparency around same
- Coach the strategy team, fostering a collaborative and supportive environment that empowers a policy director, a health economics data scientist, and a machine learning data scientist to thrive
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with stakeholders, including grantees, donors, government agencies, and other organizations to maximize the impact of the Foundation's work.
- Represent the Foundation at conferences, speaking engagements, and other public events to increase visibility and impact, promoting a person-centered approach to T1D.
10+ years of relevant experience
WORK ARRAINGMENT & TRAVEL:
- Proven track record of success in top-tier management consulting firm (or equivalent) and global public health organization (or equivalent)
- Strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, with experience in developing and implementing access strategies for public or global health issues that prioritize person-centered care.
- Demonstrated experience in using data for decision-making and managing data scientists, including those in health economics and machine learning.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders and support the needs of people with T1D.
- Cultural competency and strong project management skills.
- Experience in fundraising, grant management, and financial management.
- Knowledge of Type 1 Diabetes, its burden, and access challenges, with an emphasis on person-centered solutions.
- Full-time role with remote working
- Regular travel (at least quarterly) to head office in New York
- Frequent international travel for conferences, program sites, clinic visits, etc.
- Collaboration with team members around the world, requiring flexibility in work hours
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field; Master's degree or higher preferred.
Target Salary: $170-200kEssential Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and infrequently up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Additional information:
To protect the health and safety of our employees, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and have a COVID-19 booster shot regardless of location or position. This includes those with remote status. Requests for medical, religious, and other exemptions will be considered on an individual basis. JDRF will comply with all federal, state, and local laws.
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.