About WEG Electric Corp.
WEG is the largest industrial electric motor manufacturer in the Americas and one of the largest manufacturers of electric motors in the world producing more than 21 million units annually. Founded in 1961, WEG operates mainly in the sector of capital goods, having five main businesses: Motors, Energy, Automation, Coatings Transmission & Distribution, providing global solutions for electric motors, variable frequency drives, soft starters, controls, panels, transformers, and generators. The US corporate office is located in Duluth, GA with manufacturing units in Minnesota, Indiana and Missouri with over 30 thousand employees worldwide. Visit our website to learn more: www.weg.net
About the role:
WEG Electric Corp. has a great opportunity for a Sales Engineer. This role leads the sales and business development efforts in the assigned territory for WEG�s Automation Suite of products including LV Drives, LV Controls, LV enclosed Product, and MV Drives and Softstarts. Develops and implements, with Management support, a business plan to increase WEG�s sales and market share. Promote and support WEG Automation products, solutions, and service sales by calling on customers within their defined territory. Train and motivates internal and external sales teams to ensure that the sales goals are met or exceeded. Lead cross functional teams with segmented sales strategy to include distribution, system integration, service partners, contractors, OEM�s and internal sales channels in both geographical and vertical segments. Provide input for products and enhancements to existing products based on customer needs. customer experience. The geography covered will be lower peninsula Michigan, eastern Missouri, southern Illinois, and Indiana.
- Meets orders sales objectives set by WEC Management.
- Defines and manages the need for, and management of 3rd party reps in designated geographical, market, and product segments.
- Consistently and effectively identify new business opportunities, with the ability to pursue and close complex sales deals of significant scope and long-term potential.
- Build relationships with decision-makers and understand the dynamics of the procurement process.
- Know product features and applications in order to be well-positioned as a business partner and value-added resource.
- Leads pipeline management efforts with other WEG sales teams, 3rd party reps, and distributors.
- Collaborate with parallel sales structures, to create teamwork focused on winning new business and maintaining current business.
- Develops plans and strategies for business development and achieving the territory sales goals.
- Gathers knowledge of assigned market/territory, applications, terminology, trends, and issues.
- Develops and delivers product training for the WEC sales force. 3rd party reps, and customer segments.
- Travels to customer locations on a regular basis.
- Occasionally attends trade, and industry organization shows.
- Provides periodic/timely updates to management on progress toward execution of account plans.
- Collaborate with inside corporate personnel to quotes prices, credit terms, and delivery estimates.
- Verify all commercial and technical aspects of quotations.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge / training:
- Bachelor�s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent in related experience.
- Strong business development acumen.
- Strong industry knowledge of Drive, Softstart, Control, and Circuit Protection products, channels, and markets
- Familiar working with different internal and external sales channels within a matrix structure.
- Knowledge of working with parallel sales structures, to create teamwork focused on winning new business and maintaining current business.
- 5-10 years of related experience.
We offer a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and full benefits package. To Apply: All candidates must submit an updated resume and complete our application in order to be considered for this position.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
This job has expired.