WHO WE ARE
AVI-SPL is a digital enablement solutions provider who transforms how people and technology connect to elevateexperiences,create new value, and enableorganizations to thrive and grow. We are the largest provider of collaboration technology solutions, which include our award-winning managed services.
Our highly certified industry experts and innovation leaders share a vision to help people work smarter and live better. We believe that success starts with a sound team and that an inclusive and diverse workplace moves us all forward.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Installation Technician 2 will perform installation tasks for AVI-SPL contracted projects including but not limited to: cable pulls, cable terminations, system equipment and components, rack fabrication and wiring, layout for equipment and metal fabrication. The Installation Technician 2 could be expected to lead and direct installation crews on less complex projects per project directives and requirements by coordinating and reporting progress to Project Manager ensuring projects achieve time, scope, budget, quality, safety and customer satisfaction requirements.
Items to Consider:
- Perform installation tasks and client training as noted in job summary based on project scope and directives
- Demonstrate job site leadership and oversee Level 1 Technicians quality of work
- Read and interpret project system schematics and architectural/construction blueprints
- Use hand and power tools to solder and crimp connectors along with various other AV systems related tasks
- Test point to point cabling and functionality of systems
- Track, manage and secure all associated equipment and tools on jobsite
- Work with office staff to initiate return material authorizations as needed
- Communicate daily job site status to the Project Manager
- Act as customer liaison on site per project scope and directives - direct on-site change requests to Project Manager for confirmation and final direction
- Communicate and coordinate with other trades on site
- Travel to various job sites required
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FORMust-Haves:
- AVI-SPL reserves the right to alter work hours and work location as necessary. Work hours may vary based on client requirements and may include travel to various locations in support of the account.
- This position will generally work on customer sites and may deal with a construction site type of work environment.
- Effectively communicate with employees, customers and colleagues
- Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
- Basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of complex wiring configurations and/or signal flow for audio, video, control, network
- Knowledge and use of specific test equipment for required applications
- Knowledge and application of industry installation safety codes and standards
- Ability to lead site teams on smaller sized projects
- Valid Driver's License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets AVI-SPL Driving Privileges standards
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years of audiovisual installation experience required
WHY YOU'LL LIKE WORKING HERE
- Formal education in Audio Visual, Electronics or related field preferred
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- External Training:
- Valid and current AVIXA CTS General Certification preferred
- Specific industry specific and manufacturer training / certifications to meet AVI-SPL skill/ability requirements
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Course
- Ability to obtain formal approved clearances (Government or system specific) may be required
MORE ABOUT US
- Medical benefits, including vision and dental
- Paid holidays, sick days, and personal days
- Enjoyable and dynamic company culture
- Training and professional development opportunities
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. AVI-SPL is an AA/Disabled/Veteran Protected Employer VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
AVI-SPL reserves the right to alter work hours and work location as necessary. Work hours may vary based on client requirements and may include travel to various locations in support of the account.
This job has expired.