At Materion, everyone is included, respected and offered opportunity to grow. Join us!
The Azure Data Solutions Architect will help with the platform architecture, data architecture, solutioning, and engineering of our Enterprise Data Platform.
You will have an opportunity to:
- Partner with our business to architect, implement and support Materion's data warehouse solutions
- Play a leading role to shape, implement, and sustain our vision for a modern, scalable, and secure data platform in the cloud
- Lead platform architecture, data architecture, solutioning, and engineering of our Enterprise Data Platform towards continued evolution to support our global growth strategies
- Ensure all other compliance guidelines are met including ITAR / DFARS / GDPR / PII / etc. when managing or moving information or performing other Basis related activities
- Develop and maintain as many Extract/Transform/Load processes as needed and prepare Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) cubes
- Drive initiatives for data accuracy, usability, availability, and efficiency for BI and analytics applications
- Support of day-to-day operations of DW systems and interfaces - watch interfaces, batch jobs and data loads
- Manage Data Warehouse hosting vendor and act as a point person for all upgrades on Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse
The selection of the person to be hired for this position is contingent on the candidate having export compliance eligibility for access to U.S. controlled technology which comes under the licensing jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of State, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the U.S. Department of Commerce, Export Administration Regulations (EAR).The candidate selected will have to qualify as either a U.S. citizen, a U.S. National, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a Person Admitted into the U.S. as an Asylee or Refugee., a National of a country that is not prohibited from having access to U.S. controlled technology (via a letter of assurance), or a Person to be approved for an export license by the governing agency whose technology comes under its jurisdiction. Please understand that any job offer that requires approval of an export license will be conditional on Materion's determination that it will be able to obtain an export license in a time frame consistent with Materion's business requirements.INDHP1Materion Corporation and its subsidiaries (the "Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company's policy to not unlawfully discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.Please provide complete information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for employment.
This job has expired.
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science or related technical field, MBA preferred
- Advanced Degree or certification in business intelligence or Analytics highly preferred
- Certification in Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse highly preferred
- Minimum 10 years of related experience in Business Analytics and/or Business Intelligence
- Minimum 7 years of experience in ETL and Data Modeling required
- Minimum 7 years of Experience in database management, data strategy and governance, and database deployment and operations
- Minimum 7 years of Experience in Azure Cloud Database technologies
- Hands-on experience creating and implementing analytical capabilities using the Azure cloud platform including Azure SQL, Data Factory, Azure Functions, Azure API Management, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Lake, and Azure Data Storage
- Experience with setting up and enhancing Data Lake and Data Vaults in Azure
- Experience with extracting data from SAP into Azure Cloud required
- Hands-on experience with Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse