AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
We are hiring multiple postions in Salem, Oregon.
Key ActivitiesJob duties can range from: Milling and Grinding, Fill Off, Batch Making, Tank Wash, Pre-Kit and Material Coordinator.Experience
- Takes ownership of production assets and ensures they are operated safely and as per established procedures, guidelines and industry good practice
- Performs daily production-, preventative maintenance-, process data collection and administration tasks as per procedures and control systems
- Reportssafety, quality or other issues related to products or production processes to Team Leader / Shift Supervisor
- Ensures all (shift team) production targets are met whilst ensuring the appropriate quality standards are maintained
- Issues CAR, respectively Hazard report when any relevant issue is noticed, regardless location or responsible department
- Provides progress updates to the Team Leader / Shift Supervisor
- Attends and contributes to meetings
- Contributes in the investigation of HSE or quality issues for eg: customer complaints, reject batches or other quality related issues.
- Participates inContinuous Improvement activities & programs for HSE, Quality,ALPS or other as may be assigned from time to time
- Contributes to color adjustment activities, where applicable, in line with agreed procedures and control systems
- Is familiar and complies with all the applicable corporate as well as site and laboratory policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct, HSE and Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs (PSRA) standards
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow safety instructions and safety guidelines
- Ability to pass forklift test and obtain forklift certification
- Ability to operate a forklift, following all operating instructions effectively and efficiently
- Ability to read and apply accurate labels
- Ability to measure and weigh accurately
- Ability to lift and handle containers such as 5-gallon pails up to 75 lbs., 60 lb. bags of pigment or maneuvering drums up to 600 lbs.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities
- Dedicated and committed safety leadership and presence
- Ability to climb stairs wearing steel-toed footwear
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments and inclement weather
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment with exposure to chemical agents
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Arm-Hand steadiness- Keeping your arm or hand steady
- Near vision- ability to read labels and see details up close
High School Diploma
Prior experience working in a paint manufacturing facility preferred
Prior manufacturing experience
Microsoft basic skills preferredAkzoNobel is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable laws, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.Requisition ID: 12714Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.