If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Associate Professor, tenure earning, will manage research projects, and will supervise research projects of interns, undergraduate or graduate students. The incumbent may lecture or conduct demonstrations and teach across UM schools. The Associate Professor, tenure earing, will partner and collaborate with other faculty in other departments throughout UM, to advance knowledge, training, and education. Must be able to successfully establish and manage an independent research group. Will be the Department's representative in all matters related to diversity initiatives across campus and university wide. The right individual will be mentor and an advisor to students who see themselves as representatives of the LGPTQ community.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The Research Associate Professor, tenure earning will work under the direction of a principal investigator, program director or designee of the principal investigator or program director.
- Appointee is expected to use some creativity and latitude in performing research tasks.
- Appointee will contribute to basic and applied research activities, participate in the publication of significant results, and advance their expertise through education, training and/or research experience.
- Seek research funding
- Mentor undergraduate and graduate students, as well as postdoctoral associates
- Publication of research papers
- Service to the department and the scientific community
- Present at national and international meetings
- Analyze and summarize data in original manuscripts, reviews, book chapters, editorials, and patents applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry or equivalent area
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of scientific techniques
- Some experience in running a lab, funded research projects, and/or supervising post-docs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse constituency
- Computer literacy
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Completion of successful academic and research work that has resulted in authorship and/or co-authorship of papers in peer reviewed journals while serving as a faculty, and/or as a scientist.
- Demonstrates ability to develop collaborative research projects in a manner consistent with the mentor's research plan and contribute towards the making of scientific advances in the field of work.
- Demonstrates ability to teach in the laboratory setting and/or through presentations of papers and/or seminars.
- Successful track of research projects/funds and contribution to grant applications that are collaborative in nature and/or demonstrated ability to write competitive grants independently.
- Demonstrates desire to move towards scientific independence through submission of grant applications, development of independent research projects, or, collaborate with scientists other than the primary mentor with whom the scientist works.
- At least two (3) years of relevant work related experience.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.