At AstraZeneca, we're not afraid to do things differently. We're resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, ground-breaking and cutting-edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together
AstraZeneca is organized around two core business units, BioPharmaceuticals (BBU) and Oncology. The BBU focuses on development and commercialization of AstraZeneca's Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Renal, and Infectious Disease therapeutic areas.
Global Insights, Analytics & Commercial Excellence (GIACE) is a strategic function, critical for enabling success in the growth of the BBU business. Our ambition is to build an industry-leading organization, empowering our Commercial teams through the generation of compelling evidence and insights, while ensuring they have the tools and skills to deliver impactful launches that change the practice of medicine for the benefit of patients. Within GIACE, the Insights & Analytics function is organized across three teams and supports both the US and Global organizations: Respiratory & Immunology Insights, CVRM Insights (Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Renal).
The aim of the Insights & Analytics team is to establish industry-leading capabilities across the core areas of analytics, forecasting, reporting, business planning, and insight capabilities. It will leverage, reapply, and advance standard methodologies in capabilities and operations from Global and US more broadly across geographies. The Insight & Analytics Teams partner to drive portfolio and brand strategy and performance. Together we strive to uncover deep customer insights in order to drive improved decision-making and business impact. We are looking for leaders who have the passion to drive business results and bring innovation to what we do for greater impact.
The I&A teams are responsible for Global and US across the BBU, and is organized around the following core capability areas:
- Brand Analytics
- Forecasting, Respiratory
- Forecasting, CVRM
- Business Planning & Capabilities
The Brand Analytics Director is expected to provide leadership that delivers competitive advantage through the application of end to end analysis and insight across both Global and the US market. We are looking for a multifaceted leader who can partner with the Brand Analytics Lead, Senior Director to groundbreaking and embed leading-edge analytic techniques, and generating local market knowledge which lead to outstanding fact-based decision-making. The role will support the BBU in the identification, development and evaluation of new practices, whether sourced internally or externally. Further, they must be able to identify, develop and lead the implementation of new analytic capabilities across the organization.
As a Brand Analytics Director, you will be responsible for providing analytical expertise to the Commercial Organization, driving strategic and operational excellence. This person will help lead the development and deployment of new analytic capabilities, partnering with the Brand Analytics, Senior director lead. This is a hands-on analytical role and as a proactive internal consultant to a specific brand team, the Brand Analytics Director will support and design commercial solutions, enabling data-driven decisions that are based on meticulous analysis and best available information. A high level of proficiency in syndicated and custom, primary and secondary data, for both predictive and prescriptive analytics is required.
The Brand Analytics Director will coordinate the procurement of various datasets, design and implement analytical solutions in support of Business Opportunities, Customer Segmentation & Targeting, HCP & Patient Opportunity Identification, Return-On-Investment analytics and Optimal Resource/Budget allocation across diverse Sales and Marketing channels, Patient & Prospective Analytics, Thoughtful Business Experiments (Test & Learn), Market Simulation & Patient flow modelling among other business critical analyses. This role works closely with Marketing, Medical, Market Access, Sales, Forecasting, and other Commercial Operations business partners.
In addition to strong analytical skills, the Brand Analytics Director should have excellent communication skills with a demonstrated track record of effective business partnership as demonstrated by material business impact and influencing. This position will be required to lead direct report, contractors, and consultants to complete analytical projects. The candidate will also be required to continuously evaluate new quantitative analysis methods and technologies.
- Develop a deep understanding of internal customers data and analytical needs focusing on the customer-facing model leadership
- Champion the use of local customer insight in strategic and resourcing decisions across the business.
- Collaborate with the US Sales Force Operations to ensure success of key business processes and coordination on joint initiatives
- Identify and prioritize enhancements and new analytic capabilities. Can lead the development, deployment, and embedding of such capabilities across the organization.
- Instills a culture of continuous improvement, testing, and deployment of new capabilities for the business.
- Develop innovative analytical practices to create and sustain competitive advantage.
- Access appropriate information via a variety of tools and sources
- Summarize and present findings through various communication channels
- Responsible for recruiting, training, managing, coaching and developing a team of analysts
- Capability in applying deeper technical skills and knowledge that is shared across the functional area (e.g., deep knowledge of key data sets, modeling capabilities, etc.)
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of the points of integration of our work and that of our colleagues.
- Monitors the external environment to stay up to date on leading analytic capabilities, both within and outside of pharma, which can be applied within the organization
- 8+ years of experience in application of advanced methods and statistical procedures on large and disparate datasets, specifically;
- Statistical Analysis & Modelling: Design of Experiments, Time Series, Regression, Applied Econometrics and Bayesian methods.
- Data Mining, Predictive Modelling & Machine Learning algorithms.
- Optimization & Simulation.
- 2+ years of recent experience and proficiency with Python, R, SQL and big data technology - Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudera distribution - Impala, Hive, Hbase, Spark, MapReduce etc.,).
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of data visualization - MicroStrategy, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview, D3js or similar tools.
- Experience in MS Office products - Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Proficiency in manipulating and extracting insights from large longitudinal data sources, such as Claims, EMR and other patient level data sets.
- Expertise in managing and analyzing a range of large, secondary transactional databases is required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with proven ability to work collaboratively with a significant number of business leaders and cross-functional business partners.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with proven ability to develop and optimally present succinct, compelling reviews of independently developed analyses infused with insight and business implications/actions to be considered.
- Strategic and critical thinking with the ability to engage, build and maintain credibility with Commercial Leadership Team.
- Strong organizational skills and time management; ability to manage diverse range of simultaneous projects.
- Quantitative Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required in one of the following or related fields: Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Economics, Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science or Data Science. An advanced degree is preferred (Master's, MBA or PhD).
- 2+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical / Biotech / Healthcare analytics or secondary data analysis.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.