Garelick Farms is excited to announce an opening for a full time Break Relief Operator position!
We offer excellent benefits and competitive pay with great growth opportunities! Guaranteed annual increases! Two weeks of Paid Time Off! Health & Welfare Benefits begin on the 1st of the month from your start date! Overtime after 40hrs!
This is a full time position, 4 day work week.
Mon/Tue/Thur/Fri - 5:00pm - 3:30am
Job Description & Requirements
- The Break Relief Operator is responsible for performing all the duties related to receiving, blow mold, and filling operations.
- This position will relieve other operators while they are on break.
- Familiarity with all applicable equipment and provide quality inspections on all related items.
- Load/unload stacks and moves items as assigned.
- Sort, bundle and fill containers or place in assembled units.
- Mark or place identifying labels on product loads, ensuring that all finished product is coded properly
- Record movement of stock in and out of work areas.
- Monitor materials, products and equipment at each step of the process and reports irregularities to supervisor.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP's.
- Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year experence required.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs, frequently lift and/or move above shoulder height, stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment with some exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- [Delete if not Ice cream plant: For ice cream plants: Exposure to allergens.]
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
California applicants, click here for information regarding the data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.
This job has expired.