The Transportation and Parking unit is seeking applications for a Bus Driver II position. This position will provide transportation services to the University community and its visitors, and assist in the development and design of routes to meet the various transportation needs of a major institution.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 15 annual leave (vacation) days per year or more based on years of service (employee leave)
- 18 sick days per year
(for when you’re ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family’s, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
- Wellness programs
What you'll do:
- Arrange route schedules to meet daily University demands with supervisory personnel, as well as campus tours, in-state charters and out-of-state charter trips.
- Drive assigned bus on scheduled route.
- Ensure quality service and rider safety for all passengers.
- Inspect assigned bus and maintain bus in a clean, orderly and safe condition, including exterior and interior cleaning, fueling/oil, touch-up paint, changing and rotating tires, installing chains during inclement weather, and reporting and coordinating repair maintenance.
- Have the ability to transport mobility impaired users.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
12 (starting at $16.34 for this position)
WVU provides competitive wages for its employees, and takes related experience and education into consideration when determining appropriate salary.Qualifications
- High school education or equivalent
- At least one (1) year of driving experience required, preferably in congested and/or residential areas
- DOT check
- Drug Test
- Class A or B Commercial Driver's License required (Class C holders will be considered but must obtain a Class B within 45 days of hire); Passenger Endorsement preferred (must obtain within 45 days of hire).
- Selected candidate(s) who do not have Passenger Endorsement must complete written test through the DMV and a copy of Passenger Endorsement permit will be issued to the applicant within 10 business days of contingent offer before official hire date.
- Prior to Job Offer, the applicant must provide a valid Medical Card (Medical Card must be valid for at least six months).
- CPR/first aid certification preferred.
- Certification with disability services equipment preferred.
- Physical demands include:
- Visual and mental concentration
- Physical coordination to drive bus in congested/confined spaces
- Lifting up to 50 pounds (tires) as needed
- Stooping and bending to clean bus
- Long periods of sitting with stress of concentrating on traffic
- Visual and mental concentration
Candidates who are identified for potential employment with WVU will be required to register with the Department of Transportation (DOT) Clearinghouse. Should a verbal offer be extended, the candidate must provide consent via the Clearinghouse portal for WVU to complete a query. Please register with the DOT at this website if you have not already completed that process: https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/Register
This job has expired.