Do you have field work and or professional sales experience in the midstream or upstream oil and gas industry? Are you comfortable with technical products, services and solutions that require a longer relationship development and sales cycle? Do you have extensive experience and established behavior to develop and manage your sales pipeline through Sales Force or CRM platform? Do you want to roll up your sleeves developing and managing a growing our gulf coast and Permian sales territories? Our current position works closely with operations and will be required support existing clients, cold call, develop warm leads, identify and qualify prospects, resolve unfamiliar problems with curiosity and resiliency and make a substantial impact on a dynamic, global environmental services organization? If you are answering, "Yes!" then we have an exciting, career opportunity as a Business Development Manager.
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager for Montrose Air Quality Services (MAQS), a leading provider of mid and upstream environmental compliance monitoring/reporting services and technical products in the US. Understanding and experience working in or around the refining or oil and natural gas industry is required.
You will report directly to the VP of Sales and work closely with our operations team and, clients to develop solutions for mid and upstream oil and natural gas operators requiring regulatory driven compliance support. You'll need to be willing to travel 50-75% of the time and have an Associate's degree and at least 2+ years of experience in direct sales, client relationship management and business development experience, including sales.
What Recent Business Development Hires Say About Joining Montrose
"As an employee of Montrose Air Quality Services for almost a year and nearly five years in the industry, I've come to appreciate the Montrose brand. While working in an industry with ever-changing test requirements, it has been a pleasure working with a company so committed to staying ahead of the technological curve. Montrose has a deep field of Subject Matter Experts that are just a phone call away. When talking with clients or potential clients that have technical or industry-specific questions, I know their expertise will add credibility to help win the business. Montrose has a unique story. As an integrated environmental service company, we are able to help our clients with their needs under one roof." Montrose Business Development Manager
"Joining the Montrose team was a chance to be a part of an industry leading company in environmental solutions and services. I am able to meet my client's needs with comprehensive solutions to overcome their most difficult environmental challenges. Within Montrose, there is a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and expert support that allows me to provide a customer centric experience. It gives me pride to know I am a true partner to my clients." Montrose Business Development Manager
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Our Mission is: To help protect the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the soil that feeds us, and is supported by our Principles: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Competitive compensation package
- Industry competitive benefits packages, including company paid life and disability insurance
- Paid parental leave benefits
- Progressive vacation policies and company holidays including floating holiday to meet the diverse needs of our people
- 401(k) plan offered
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- An educational reimbursement programs
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
This role is primarily and fundamentally a new business development role. You will use various resources to identify and contact leads/prospects operating in the midstream oil and natural gas operating sector (gas plants, compressor stations and storage facilities).
As a key leader on our team, you will focus on identifying and developing revenue generating client relationships within the Montrose Air Quality Services segment. You will report to the VP of Sales and collaborate with our Business Development leaders located throughout the United States.
This role will be responsible for a full range of activities including:
- Prospect and identify strategic accounts within the geography, qualify leads and serve as the main point of contact between customers and MAQS operations.
- Qualify and schedule sales appointments with prospects and clients, coordinate meetings, host presentations and webinars, and travel with subject matter experts (SME).
- Lead strategy development processes for organic growth and bring the required strategic market and competitive knowledge necessary to achieve growth.
- Attend conferences and trade shows to represent Montrose Air Quality Services.
- Develop solutions for clients by working with, and leveraging, the extensive technical resources available from Montrose.
- Facilitate and coordinate quote/proposal/RFP production and delivery to client from initial contact through purchase order.
- Conduct and support client engagement activities to strengthen our relationships with our clients and increase our understanding of their needs.
- Partner with Operations to develop and implement the business segment's sales and business development plan.
- Drive the Group's overall strategic planning process.
- Grow and manage an accurate sales pipeline through the identification and qualification of new business opportunities that are consistent with strategic priorities in a manner that takes full advantage of the entire company's capabilities.
- Maintain the company CRM (Salesforce) with all leads, opportunities, prospects, customers, etc. to track metrics, share analysis and insights with leaders to drive activity and support the overall health of the business.
- Support the development of strategies that improve the quality and depth of market and competitor intelligence to influence and enhance win probability.
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BA/BS or Associates degree with equivalent experience at least two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in direct sales, new business development, client relationship management and related business roles, preferably in technical/scientific services.
- High proficiency managing a sales pipeline through Sales Force (CRM)
- Above average written communication skills for professional email and cover letters
- Proficient Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Must live near major airport
- High level of comfort evaluating and presenting technical service solutions and products with the ability to learn and communicate technical content
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen and problem-solve
- Worked in a small business, fast-growing or entrepreneurial environment
- Strong technical, analytical and presentation skills are a must
- Dynamic, motivated, and results-oriented creative thinker and problem-solver, willing to work hands-on as needed in a team-oriented environment
- A good planner, multi-tasks efficiently and maintains a productive balance between gaining new and servicing existing customers across a diverse geography
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and strong client-service focused
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
This position requires employee to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless the employee receives a reasonable accommodation for a valid medical, religious, spiritual exemption. The Company will review requests for a reasonable accommodation for any such exemptions on a case-by-case basis. You are considered "fully vaccinated" at more than two (2) weeks after receiving the second dose in a 2-dose series or more than two (2) weeks after receiving a single dose vaccine.MAKE THE MOVE
From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical design, engineering and operational solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve.We are a fast-paced and dynamic team. At Montrose, you are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we'd love to speak with you.
Want to know more about us? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.
Want to know more about Montrose? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.
This job has expired.