US Ecology helps our customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for our children and their grandchildren.
In this position, you will supportUS Ecology'saround the clockenvironmental servicesoperationssuch as emergency response, marine services, industrial cleaning, underground storage tank removal, waste packaging and disposal, site demolition, emergency spill response and site cleanup projects using a variety of techniques and tools in a collaborative environment.Hours are Monday - Friday 10pm-6am
Day in the Life:
- Correct completion of all job-specific, employee related paperwork including Timesheets, Daily Work Reports, Driver's Logs and Daily Tailgate Safety Meeting Forms.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying (up to 50 pounds); use of hand tools, power tools, bending, stooping, shoveling and other physically demanding tasks on a daily basis.
- Ability to be use/operate basic construction tools, small electric pumps, large fuel powered pumps, plate compactors, trenchers, truck scales,etc..
- Ability to load/ unload drums, cylinders, equipment from and into vans, flatbeds, trailers.
- Ability to perform confined space work inside tanks of varying dimensions; involving squatting and crawling for possible extended periods.
- Ability to assist in retrieval or cleanup of impacted materials.
- Ability to follow directions; read/speak and understand English; read and understand common danger placards / labels and hazardous warning literature including site safety plans.
- The ability to safely drive and perform safety checks on all vehicles for which licensed.
- Must be able to understand and comply with company and client safety standards.
What you need to apply:
- Ability to perform work under sustained hours, uncomfortable weather conditions and rough terrain.
- Must be clean shaven at all times to allow immediate use of respirators as required by work zone air monitoring.
- Must be willing and able to travel and work extended hours including on-call rotation shifts in order to meet operational demands
- Experience working in a labor-intensive position preferably the skilled trades
- ValidCDL Class BDriver's LicensewithHazmat endorsementrequired
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must be a self-starter such as finding work to do between direct assignments, follow through with tasks, and take ownership and pride in work performed.
- Must have a consistent and reliable work ethic by adhering to work schedules utilizing time efficiently in order to complete assigned tasks within defined deadlines.
- HAZWOPER certification is a plus but not required to be considered
For your hard work
- Comfortable wearing necessary PPE including a respirator as needed
- Good driving record with less than 3 violations in the last 3 years
- Tuition reimbursement after six months
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
- 100% employer paid medical for you
- Paid Time Off
- Cash Recognition Programs
- Find out more atwww.usecology.com
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
US Ecology is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesUS Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.Driving Sustainability
This job has expired.