Under the direction of the health care provider, the Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and wellbeing of all patients. Accurately performs preliminary physical tests such as: measures blood pressure, records weight, temperature, pulse and respirations and other measures as directed by established clinical protocols.
Sign-On Bonus of up to $2,000 available for qualifying applicants!
What you'll do:
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
- Perform general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
- Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider.
- Obtain and record vital signs including but not limited to, blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problems.
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topically, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
- May perform routine tests including but not limited to EKG's.
- Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follow up to ensure completion of testing.
- Communicate with patients regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by the physician.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
- Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
- Escalate non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
- Ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
- Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
- Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, MA Lead or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current/valid Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification required or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) required if applicable.
- Successfully completed Medication Aide 40-hour course or current/valid Medication Aide certification by state agency required if applicable.
- May require specialized training such as Non-Certified Radiologic Technician (NCT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to the population served within three (3) months of hire.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.