If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
Shift: Part-time: days, evenings, nights (depending on availability)
Work Location: University of Miami Hospital
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Provides for patients' personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves, and assisting with showers.
- Assists with meals and feeds patients, ambulates, turns, and positions patients, and provides fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Administers enemas, douches, non-sterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, therapeutic and sitz baths, and applies restraints.
- Performs sugar and acetone urine testing, specimen collection, and post-mortem care.
- Answers patients' call lights and requests promptly.
- Maintains a safe and attractive environment for patients and staff and transports patients and equipment.
- Reports patient conditions to the assigned nurse to ensure professional assessment.
- Measures and records food and liquid intake and output, and checks and records vital signs.
- Provides patient help with walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
High school diploma or equivalentCertification and Licensing:
Certified Nursing Assistant licenseExperience:
Minimum 1 year of relevant experienceKnowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Part timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.