Position requires a QC laboratory raw material chemist to report directly to the QC laboratory supervisor. Works under the supervision of a group leader.
- Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs wet chemistry, i.e. titrations, heavy materials test, loss of drying KF etc., of raw materials in accordance with Akorn’s standard operating procedures, USP/NF and cGMP. Prepares and standardizes, where applicable, volumetric solutions, test solutions, buffer solutions and colorimetric solutions per USP/NF. Experienced in GC analysis; USP < 467> Residual Solvent testing a plus. Maintains laboratory notebooks, calculates results and enters the results onto raw material specification sheets.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed, such as notebook checking.
Company Overview Who we are?
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or higher in chemistry or related field.
- A minimum of three years' previous work experience in an industrial chemistry laboratory with GC analysis. Knowledge of Empower 3 preferred.
- Chemist must have some familiarity with USP/NF general chapters and monographs as well as cGMPs. Possess strong math skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven prior experience.
- Working knowledge of US regulatory submission.
- Proficient with computer programs desirable; or an aptitude to learn computer programs as needed.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Have general math skills; adding, subtracting, multiplication, division and percentage calculation.
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patients' lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website at www.Akorn.com . Why choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.