In collaboration with the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), the CHRISTUS Health SkillBridge Internship Program provides military service members who are within 180 days of separation from military service, with opportunities in a variety of different roles. The goal is to provide service members with opportunities to learn and train at CHRISTUS Health's facilities as they prepare the transition from the military to the civilian sector.
This is an unpaid internship through the Department of Defense (DoD) SkillBridge Program. Participants of the program will not receive compensation or benefits from CHRISTUS Health and will not be considered employees of CHRISTUS but rather will remain an employee of the DoD and will receive compensation and benefits through the DoD.
To apply for the SkillBridge Internship Program, please complete the application and a recruiter will be in contact to discuss your areas of interest and placement opportunities if you are eligible for the program.
To be eligible to participate in the CHRISTUS SkillBridge Program, you must:
- Must be an Active Duty Service Member within 180-days of your separation date
- Must obtain unit commander written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship
- Must meet minimum qualifications based on the job description of the role you accept
DoD FAQs: https://skillbridge.osd.mil/faq.htm
CHRISTUS SkillBridge Program Positions (list is not all-inclusive; other opportunities also available)
About CHRISTUS St Michael Health System
- Administrative Assistant
- Materials Management Technician
- Patient Access Representative
- Nursing Assistant / Patient Care Technician
- Radiology Technician
- Registered Nurse
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist
- Monitor Technician
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Emergency Department Technician
- Health Information Technician
- Registered or Certified Respiratory Therapist
- Rehabilitation Technician
- Supply Chain Specialist
- Unit Secretary
- Certified Surgical Technician
- Identity Management Administrator
- Patient Financial Representative
- Patient Sitter
- Patient Transporter
At CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System, our mission is to "extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ," by providing quality, compassionate care to all. Established in 1916 by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word as a Catholic, non-profit hospital, we offer a full scope of expansive health care services including women's health, emergency services, senior health, cancer care, heart care, surgery, imaging, rehabilitation, and much more.
We strive to provide continuous, compassionate care for our patients and their families, always looking for ways to incorporate the latest best practices and new technology into our services. This is demonstrated through our accreditation by The Joint Commission, recognition as a NICHE hospital, our affiliation with the Cleveland Clinic, and numerous awards and recognitions.
We are honored to serve the four-states region of Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Louisiana through our two primary campuses in Texarkana and Atlanta.
At CHRISTUS we value what each individual brings to our faith-based mission of healing and our commitment to quality health care. In return, we aim to create a culture where quality of work and quality of life live harmoniously, talent is recognized, and each employee's unique passions and skills are nurtured to develop meaningful careers.Our Values
With every life we impact, our ultimate goal is to utilize our values to provide the best care possible.
- Dignity: Respect for the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor and underserved.
- Integrity: Honesty, justice, and consistency in all relationships.
- Excellence: High standards of service and performance.
- Stewardship: Wise and just use of talents and resources in a collaborative manner.
- Compassion: Service in a spirit of empathy, love and concern.
This job has expired.