Construction Contractor specialized in Earthwork and Demolition projects is looking for an Estimator located near Livermore, California.
Our client is a Mid-Size family owned company specialized in Earthwork and Demolition projects in both the private and public sectors.
As a Construction Estimator you will be responsible for accurately estimating the total costs associated with a project. You will be responsible to oversee accurate and timely estimate for private and public works projects.
Your main mission includes bidding design-build/alternative procurement and large-scale projects. The position requires fine attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure, especially when facing bid deadlines.
Main responsibilities include:
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, soils reports and existing site conditions to determine scope of work.
- Attend pre-bid meetings.
- Oversee the effort process and communicate the DBE requirements to the estimating team.
- Prepare quantity take-offs and estimate costs of materials, labor, and use of equipment required to fulfill all provisions of the contract.
- Solicit proposals based on drawings, bid packages and subcontractor walk through for each trade.
- Prepare subcontractor bid forms, scopes of work, etc. for all trades involved in each project.
- Coordinate bid preparation requirements with Contract Administrator.
- Take ownership of bid document package and review prior to submission for completeness and accuracy.
- Track work history and review schedules of projects being estimated.
- Organize estimating team to prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to bid.
- Assess labor force necessary for projects bidding to determine whether the company has the capability to staff accordingly, if awarded the job.
- Review project risk matrix on projects being bid by the team to assess risks and opportunities.
- Ensure that estimates comply with the requirements of the overall construction contract and are consistent with corporate guidelines.
- Perform risk and contract management responsibilities as required, and report findings to Chief Estimator and Division Manager.
- Monitor owner changes and advise the estimating team of all changes in scope during the estimate period.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned.
- Carefully review subcontractor quotes on bid day to determine scope gaps and redundancies.
- Review final estimate and apply strategic cost factors, if necessary.
- Oversee coordination pre-bid RFI's prior to specification cutoff date.
- Monitor post bid submission dates towards contract procurement.
This role would suit someone who is passionate about what they do and who has experience in Construction Estimating. The project in question is definitely one that you can say would be the gem in any Civil Estimator's Favorite List.
Four-year degree and/or at least three years of relevant experience in Estimating, Purchasing, or Quantity Surveying. Experienced using Trimble and HCSS Heavy Bid Software is highly desired.
Minimum 5 years of estimating in Earthwork or Demolition projects is required.
It is required to have ability to read and understand specifications and drawings, ability to lead estimates for bids up to $20,000,000. Must have a track record of consistently putting estimates together that give the field the opportunity to beat budget and be capable to make accurate judgments and calculations, working knowledge of construction costs and principles, estimating experience (quantity takeoffs, purchasing accounting, engineering design knowledge and project management experience desirable).
The candidate must have a valid driver's license.
The annual salary range for this role is $130.000 - $160.000 according to your experience.
Other benefits included are: Discretionary bonus, healthcare competitive package, auto allowance, etc.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1149940
This job has expired.