Studies and successfully completes the Claims Training Program including but not limited to company orientation, company prepared training programs, outside courses as deemed appropriate, and on-the-job training. There is close supervisory review of ongoing progress and results of work. Trainee will complete testing and evaluation as part of the trainee program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Learn to handle most aspects of auto claims
- Develop a basic understanding of the content of policies written by the company
- Develop a basic understanding of the insurance industry and the organizational relationships of the company
- Develop a basic understanding of the functions of other departments, such as Policy Ops and Marketing
- Learn how to determine subrogation or fraud potential and how to handle
- Develop a basic understanding of systems and technology used within the company
- Identify customer needs and works to meet those needs using appropriate customer service skills
- Perform other projects and assignments as directed
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Successfully completes Claim Representative trainee program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Obtaining/Maintaining appropriate licensing or educational requirements
- Learn customer service and time management skills through training classes as part of the trainee program
- Learn to recognize and identify all body parts of a vehicle and/or understanding other potential property damage
- Develop understanding of claim policies & procedures; refers questions to supervisor
- Learn to interpret and apply written coverage accurately to establish claim and determine an action plan
- Develop ability to handle repair/replace decisions
- Develop labor judgment skills and learn to complete simple estimates accurately
- Learn to handle some comprehensive losses (theft, fire, and vandalism) with direction from more experienced personnel
- Develop ability to handle injury claims and acquire a basic understanding of how to review, evaluate, and negotiate simple or basic injury claims
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion. Ability to resolve conflicts and empathize with customers is critical
- Negotiation skills are important for resolving claims
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Gains a general understanding of insurance law as it relates to claims
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the NGI Insurance brand and ability to exhibit the behaviors
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.