Job Code and Payroll Title
009314 CLIN SOCIAL WORKER 2
The Primary Care Clinical Social Worker II or Clinical Social Worker III's (LCSW) primary responsibilities are psychosocial assessments, crisis intervention, counseling, brief therapeutic interventions, consultation, education, community linkages, supportive services, and facilitating the plan-of-care through the healthcare continuum for patients, families, significant others and staff, with particular focus on high-risk populations. The Primary Care Clinical Social Worker II/III coordinates culturally sensitive resources and services in response to a patient's psychosocial needs in the out-patient specialty clinic setting for multiple disciplines.
The CSW II/III will participate in the Department of Social Work's education and quality improvement activities and initiatives. The CSW III has advanced clinical knowledge and skills, and is distinguished from the CSW II by leadership activities including participation in advanced program planning, provision of educational programs, clinical supervision, consultation to the clinical team, other departments, and the community.
The CSW II/III will provide age-appropriate assessments, interpretation of data, and delivery of interventions. The CSW II/III provides social work services to any patient regardless of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, social, cultural, educational or religious background, language, age, ancestry, citizenship, color, national origin, race, presence of mental or physical disability, source of payment for care, medical condition, marital status or status as a veteran.
The CSW II/III will practice within the scope of UCSF Health's mission statement: Caring, Healing, Teaching, Discovering; and the values statement of UCSF's Everyday PRIDE: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity, Excellence.
The CSW II/III provide clinical social worker services for patients throughout Primary Care Services including:
* Center for Geriatric Care
* Family Medicine at Lakeshore
* General Internal Medicine at Post Street
* General Internal Medicine at Sutter Street
* Obesity and Weight Management
* Primary Care at Laurel Village
* Primary Care at China Basin
* Primary Care San Mateo
* Screening and Acute Care
* Montgomery Street Acute Care
* Women's Health Primary Care at Mount Zion
Clinical Social Worker
University Professional and Technical Employees - Health Care Professionals Unit (UPTE-HX)
Professional and Managerial
- Masters degree from a CSWE accredited school of Social Work;
- Current California State License of Clinical Social Work in good standing (CSW III only);
- Knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position;
- Demonstrates resourcefulness, effective written and oral communication, diplomacy, and organizational and analytic skills;
- Self-directed, assertive and creative in problem solving, systems planning and patient care management in a high-volume work environment;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively and collaboratively with inter-disciplinary teams;
- Basic phone and computer skills including the use of the internet;
- This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Health locations.
- Experience (internship/career) in a healthcare and/or in-patient/out-patient medical setting;
- Experience working with an inter-disciplinary team;
- Interest in and experience with creating partnerships with community organizations;
- Fluent in Spanish, Mandarin or Cantonese;
- Experience with disease management;
- Counseling practice that includes motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral approaches, and grief/loss work.
* LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of California) for CSW III.Position Type
Full TimeDepartment Name
Primary Care ServicesEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.About UCSF
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what's possible for the patients we serve - a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report - UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.Pride Values
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence - also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity - both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Location
Various Work Sites
This job has expired.