This job has expired.
Job Code and Payroll Title
009314 CLIN SOCIAL WORKER 2
The Clinical Social Worker I/II (CSW I/II) will be assigned to the Citywide Case Management Forensics. In this position, the CSW I/II will work with the Behavioral Health Court with dually diagnosed individuals. The CSW I/II will provide comprehensive assessment, crisis intervention, case management, individual and group therapy, and substance abuse services. Clients will receive their mental health and substance abuse services at the Center. The CSW I/II will be assisting clients in meeting their needs and will make referrals as appropriate. Part of the San Francisco General Hospital (SFGH) Department of Psychiatry's comprehensive effort to treat high risk clients in the community and to reduce unnecessary use of institutional care.
Work location: 982 Mission, SF.
The job will involve the ability to lift 50 lbs. and climb stairs.
Clinical Social Worker I/II
Additional Shift Details
Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
University Professional and Technical Employees - Health Care Professionals Unit (UPTE-HX)
* Master's degree in social work, psychology or related field from an accredited university and knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position
* Ability to obtain San Francisco County Jail Clearance through the San Francisco Sheriff's Department
* Understanding of mental health issues and sensitivity toward mental health clients
* Ability to work with clients and program staff from diverse cultural and social class backgrounds
* Ability to do outreach including to SRO hotels
* Case Management experience
* Able to efficiently prepare written summaries of activities, set priorities and complete reports within required timeframes. Knowledge of medical and/or psychiatric terminology
* Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with others. Ability to work in a high stress, high volume area and work well under pressure and with deadlines. Ability to follow oral and written instructions accurately, and be detailed oriented
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Able to work as a team member in a culturally diverse setting
* Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability
* A preliminary job offer and assignment may be extended pending successful background clearance
CSW II: In addition to above,
* Possession of the requirements necessary for application for licensure as determined by the California Board of Behavioral Science; and knowledges and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position
Note: Physical/health screening required.
* 2 years working with severely mentally ill adults, the homeless and dual diagnosed populations
* 1 year of experience working with individual actively involved in the criminal justice system
* 1 year of experience doing community-based case management
* Possession of the requirements necessary for application for licensure as determined by the California Board of Behavioral Science
ZSFG Psychiatry/Division of Citywide Case Management Programs - Citywide Forensics Team
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
The Division of Citywide Case Management Programs at UCSF/Zuckerberg San Francisco General (ZSFG), Department of Psychiatry is located at 982 Mission Street, San Francisco. The Division provides comprehensive outpatient treatment to those suffering from severe mental illness, often complicated by homelessness, chronic traumatization, institutionalization, substance use disorder and chronic medical conditions.
The mission of the Division is to help clients recover prior functioning, while reducing reliance on acute services, and facilitate transitions from ZSFG psychiatric inpatient, jails, or other institutions to the community. Our programs serve a diverse group of individuals, in terms of social, cultural, and linguistic characteristics; and is structured around interdisciplinary teams. Interventions provided include psychotherapy, crisis intervention, psychotropic medication management, case management, outreach, and employment services.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world's leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence - also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity - both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Posted 37 minutes ago
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Posted 37 minutes ago
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
Posted 34 minutes ago