This job has expired.
McLean Hospital is a comprehensive psychiatric hospital committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean's multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
The Clinical Social Worker, LICSW works on an INPATIENT UNIT and is accountable/responsible for the day to day treatment, management, disposition, and aftercare plan for his/her assigned patients with particular attention to taking responsibility for the prudent use of clinical resources. The Clinical Social Worker position requires flexibility and excellent interpersonal skills both with internal and external customers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide ongoing assessment and formulation of the patient's needs in order to update the patient's plan of care including responsibility for the timely completion of a Treatment Plan that will satisfy clinical and regulatory requirements. Provide clinical services to patients as appropriate, according to the age of the patient. Provide clinical services to family members, as indicated.
2. Coordinate the delivery of services by the patient's multidisciplinary treatment team.
3. Act as primary liaison with family and significant others, referrers and community agencies and professionals to develop a timely and comprehensive discharge plan that includes access to services for patients and, where appropriate, family members.
4. Collaborate with the Utilization Manager to manage the patient's care in a manner that is both clinically and fiscally sound; where appropriate, be the designated contact with managed care organizations.
5. Ensure the timely completion of all documentation and other required paperwork needed to facilitate patient evaluation, transition and billing (e.g., treatment plans, progress notes, discharge summaries, psychosocial assessment, signed releases, patient care referral forms, etc.).
6. Demonstrate a commitment to his/her professional growth and competency in order to enhance patient care and job performance.
7. Contribute to the efficient operation of the program, the hospital and, where appropriate,his/her clinical department through team work, cooperation and participation in problem solving activities.
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
Education: Social Work - MSW
License: LICSW in the state of MA (or equivalent independent Social Work licensure in state where services are being provided)
• Broad range of clinical skills including psychiatric assessment, capacity to formulate a case and develop a therapeutic alliance, and plan treatment and aftercare.
• Crisis stabilization
• Family support and intervention
• Clinical privileges or eligibility for privileges in his/her discipline in individual, family and couples treamtne
• Familiarity with the discharge planning process as well as community resources, public service delivery systems and consumer entitlement programs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively within a rapidly changing system of care
• Familiarity with computerized clinical databases
• A minimum of two years post degree experience or equivalent in an inpatient, partial, or outpatient setting
• Experience in providing a range of clinical services including: assessment, treatment and discharge planning
• Experience in a managed care environment and the capacity to work collaboratively with managed care organizations
• Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary staff both within the Hospital and the community at large
All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.
Required to complete electronic medicalrecords training, and demonstrate 80% accuracy on competency test within 30days of hire.
McLean is an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 4 hours ago