Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing for a Coating and Painting Journeyman to join our team in Freeport, Texas.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Follow the rules of safe conduct at all times.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, and specifications.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of hand tools and power tools appropriate for the job,
- Recognize various materials used in the craft and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, fork lifts, and company trucks.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of appropriate personal protective equipment for the craft.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills with installing industrial insulation on piping and equipment as listed"
- ½" OD pipe up to 24" OD pipe
- Pipe and vessels that are 24" OD up to 48" OD
- Tanks, equipment, and vessels 48" OD and up.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills with installation of various types Insulation as listed:
- Fiberglass, Calcium Silicate, Urethane (PolyISO), Cellular Glass, Expanded Perlite
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill with the installation of metal jacketing on industrial piping and equipment including but not limited to cutting metal for tees, 90's, 45's, reducers, vessel/tanks including heads, straight runs of piping, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill with the fabrication and installation of removable insulated blankets (soft pads).
- Read specifications or receive instructions from supervisors or clients in order to determine work requirements.
- The employee must participate in safety meetings, safety programs and the quality process.
- The employee must clean up all the work area at the end of the day or at the completion of the job.
Skills / Qualifications
The employee must have a minimum of two to five (2 - 5) years' experience as an industrial insulator.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.