CALSTARTseeks an experienced Manager of Communications to join our marketing, communications, and publications team. We are looking for someone with campaign-building expertise, experience managing communications staffand excellent project management skills. Reporting to theSenior Director,Marketing and Communications,you will be responsible for working with CALSTART initiative and program leads on a variety of activities that are driving the transition of cars, buses, and other transportation technologies to zero-emissions. This role focuses onleading a team to develop and deliver communications support to some of the global, national and state-level premier incentive and engagement programs including workplace charging campaigns, infrastructure equity programs, transit and school bus programs and innovative mobility initiatives.
In 2021, CALSTARTwill havemanaged the design and execution of more than $500 million in incentives throughout the U.S., reaching hundreds of fleets, large and small, working with manufacturers, public transit agencies, dealerships, and community/environmental advocates to educate, advise and assist in the transition to clean transportation technologies. The ideal candidate for the Communications Project Manager will be able to oversee multiple simultaneous projects and shift priorities, similar to an agency environment.
Additionally, the Communications Project Manager will:
- Be responsible for overseeing and managing members within the Light-Duty and Mobility communications team, while tracking results, job design, performance appraisals, and other related supervisory duties
- Develop and execute results-driven, multi-platform communications strategies and plans to support the light-duty, bus, and innovative mobility initiatives in CALSTART
- Lead public relations, media relations and other communications activities related to the key programs and initiatives
- Coordinate with the digital communications team on the implementation of digital communications activities including social media, SEO/SEM, email marketing, etc. that support key initiatives
- Track effectiveness of various campaigns and course correcting as required
- Manage communications spend and works with vendors and agencies, to create and/or localize communications and marketing activities and develop supporting assets
- Modelcommunications and project management skills, work well in ateam,and create a supportive and positive environment for the team
- Manage the development and delivery of all marketing materials, communications assets and public relations efforts that support key CALSTART initiatives
- Support CALSTART initiatives and activities including internal communications, employee retreats/events, annual conference and policy summit
- Support development of Annual Report with key content from relevant areas of light duty and mobility
- Support business development efforts
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 29 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with these member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us! Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, or related field
- Five to seven years of experience in public relations and communication campaign development and execution
- Five years of experience leading multiple, simultaneous communications campaigns of assorted sizes and geographies
- Proficiency in developing, executing, and measuring outreach and engagement campaigns using metric-based reporting
- Strong knowledge of outreach tactics including public relations, media relations, email marketing, social promotion, etc., including in hard to reach and disadvantaged communities
- Experience developing scopes of work as well as communications plans and budgets
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (AP style), and the ability to edit and coach others in their writing
- High level of attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and adept at building relationships with different stakeholders
Salary and Benefits
- A strong network of PR and media contacts in clean transportation and climate would be highly advantageous
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
This job has expired.