What you will do
Our team at the Grantley Plant custom designs, develops, and manufactures heating and air conditioning equipment for Navy vessels of all sizes. This job consists of performing operations required to assemble, functional, leak test, trouble shoot and repair production and reciprocating compressors, service parts and assemblies. Clean, test, assemble tubes through separator plates, and roll form to seal on end plates, working with a variety of shell assemblies with complicated hole patterns.
Location: Grantley Plant in York, PA
Shift: 2nd shift
Pay: $23.49 per hour
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
How you will do it
1. Reading and working from drawings, build sheets, process sheets, specifications and instructions.
2. Plan, fit parts file cut, form thread tubing, piping.
3. Position parts to fixture, work at bench or machine table.
4. Perform machining and assembly operations such as sawing, drilling, deburring, filing, scraping, lapping, polishing, aligning, pressing, apply primer sealer, file scrape, join, bolt, torque, install dowel pins to parts, components.
5. Check operations, connect test fixtures, pressurize water tank test, repair leaks, reseal, replace gaskets.
6. Oil change, check current draw, oil, suction, discharge pressures, troubleshoot, replace o-rings, seals, inserts.
7. Degrease parts, spray paint, oven bake, package parts, package hardware, mount to base, skid pumps, base parts, assemblies.
8. Process for shipping affix tags, plates, oil wrap parts, can rotors.
9. Assemble valve units, tubing, drill pin holes, attach data plates, repair, replace or salvage components.
10. Assemble necessary section plates, and end plates to permit sectional testing.
11. Assemble braze test connections, nut and bolt assemble internal and external parts.
12. Mover and position shell to perform pressure tests.
13. Charge units with refrigerant and air.
14. Hydrostatic test units.
16. Obtain inspection verification and record disposition.
17. Use precision measuring instruments, test stand, water tank, band saw, test fixture, honer, hand, hand powered tools, appropriate material handling equipment.
What we look for
1. Strong mechanical aptitude with two (2) or more years of mechanical maintenance experience.
2. Ability to read, write, add, subtract decimals, fractions, simple use of prints, process sheets, specifications.
3. Ability to perform moderate physical effort working continuously with light weights or frequently with average weight materials in assembling tubes, roll forming, testing, moving materials
4. Awareness and understanding of the Health & Safety Policy. You have the responsibility to incorporate the Health and Safety concepts when carrying out procedures and work tasks.
5. Be aware of, and have an understanding of the Environmental Policy. Follow work instructions and procedures to ensure compliance with the policy when they apply to your job responsibilities.
6. Know the significant impacts the campus has on the environment. Know and follow emergency & evacuation procedures.
7. U.S. citizen
8. In order to meet the increasing demands of our customers and comply with the Federal orders, we will require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and submit proof in our Johnson Controls Vaccination Tracker upon hire.
1. Assembly experience, preferably with mechanical systems and equipment.
2. Experience working with large commercial or industrial HVAC equipment
3. Experience working with testing of mechanical or HVAC equipment.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)