Founded more than 50 years ago, Pennoni is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm that specializes in Quality Assurance Fabrication Inspection. Our Construction Materials Engineering and Testing group, together with the other disciplines, form a team of experts who provide inspection, materials consulting, and testing services for buildings, bridges, highways, and other infrastructure facilities. Our Nationally recognized Structural Materials Inspection team includes renowned experts in welding and fabrication who provide quality assurance inspection services around the globe.
Pennoni is an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we continually strive to build a great workplace where our employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do. Come join the minds that propel Pennoni!
Pennoni Associates is currently seeking Construction Inspectors with experience consistent, but not limited to:
- Performing field inspections on various public improvement projects that may include highway reconstruction of concrete and asphalt pavement, stormwater drainage improvements, bridge demolition and reconstruction, pedestrian safety improvements, watermain and pumping station upgrades and traffic signal improvements
- Reviewing of construction plans, specifications, and associated contract documents
- Communicating and coordinating project efforts with contractors, designer, project owner, internal project team, and the public
- Performing mathematical calculations based on field measurements for the purpose of payments
- Update record drawings through the life of the project
- Observe work operations for compliance with applicable safety regulations
- Proactively communicate with the contractor and the client to progress the project in a timely manner and to meet the project goals.
- Monitor contractor performance to obtain quality product
- Perform construction estimating
- Witnessing material acceptance tests such as soil/aggregate compaction, concrete, and asphalt as determined by project need
- Preparing timely, clear, and concise daily field reports, which include photographs, calculations, and associated sketches
- Working outdoors in differing work conditions, including weather, uneven ground, and within highway work zones, including close proximity to live lanes of traffic and heavy construction equipment
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver's License
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (outlook, excel, word, etc.)
- Applicants should have good verbal and written communication skills, math skills, and be able to work well in team setting.
- Must be willing to work outdoors and be physically able to perform field work.
- Be of high character, dependable, and ability to work independently and as part of a team
Why Work With Us?
- Material Certifications including NECEPT Bituminous Field Technician, NICET Certification, NJSAT, Rutgers CAIT programs, and ACI certifications.
- Proficiency with iPads, mobile applications, laptops
- Additional industry certifications/trainings such as OSHA, Coatings Inspections, Fall Protection, Confined Spaces, Hazardous Materials
- Associate Degree in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
At our core, we recognize that the unique qualities of our Pennoni individuals are essential for innovation and growth as a whole. Pennoni, an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, offers many opportunities to help you build your career. We continually strive to build a great workplace where our employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.