We know that BUILDING HOMES & COMMUNITIES BEGINS WITH BUILDING THE BEST TEAM!
How would you like to be a part of team that has been providing the American Dream of homeownership to families for more than 60 years? PulteGroup is a FORTUNE 500 company and one of America's top residential builders. We put the consumer at the center of everything we do and we stand above the competition in our commitment to quality.
Our Vision is to Build Consumer Inspired Homes & Communities to Make Lives Better and we believe that success starts with having the right people.
At PulteGroup, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value the differences of each employee and understand that being consumer inspired means that we reflect the diversity of the consumers we serve.
A position with PulteGroup offers a rich, fulfilling and rewarding career across multiple geographies and brands. If you are interested in being a part of our team, let's talk about your career with PulteGroup!
The Construction Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing the construction of homes in assigned community(s) to ensure cost, schedule and quality standards are met. Manages all construction activities for assigned homes, assists in the scheduling of homes, supervises trade partner's work, maintains the overall community job sites for safety and appearance and is responsible for the customer experience throughout the building process.
- Oversee the scheduling and supervision of daily trade partner activities and evaluates the quality and efficiency of their work.
- Reviews and requests modifications to construction drawings when construction conflicts arise.
- Evaluates project schedules and will update and determine appropriate modifications to project schedule and resources to reflect project's needs as they arise to ensure timely completion
- Takes affirmative action to make sure each home is complete on schedule & ensures all contract obligations & safety protocols are satisfied. Stops any work that is not satisfactory or noncompliant with plans, specifications, or applicable code.
- Manage the customer experience throughout the entire construction process, including regular communications to keep them informed of progress and taking action and negotiating solutions to address any concerns.
- Interact with Community Sales personnel to manage community performance and customer activities.
- Complete daily inspections to ensure job sites adhere to state, federal and company safety and SWPPP standards. Take immediate action, including adjusting the construction process or shutting down work if necessary, to achieve a safe working environment and comply with requirements.
- Negotiate, create, and authorize field purchase orders for materials and labor resources as needed.
- Inspect and determine whether trade partner workmanship and product quality is completed on time and within defined scope of work. Authorize payment to trade partner when all standards are met.
- Collaborate with the Product Development, Process Improvement, Resource Planning and Purchasing teams to address areas of improvement on plan quality, schedule adherence and budgetary challenges.
- Evaluate work of trade partner to ensure work complies with local, state and federal building code requirements and company standards of workmanship.
- Participates in trade partner recruiting and vetting.
People Management Responsibilities:
Without Direct Reports
Directs, schedules, evaluates, and manages the work of trade partners. Will provide recommendations for the dismissal or continued engagement of trade partners.With Direct Reports
With Direct Reports:
- Hires, terminates, and evaluates the performance of Assistant Construction Managers. Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build organizational talent
- Delegates work according to employee's abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee's performance and plans for compensation actions and promotions in accordance with that performance
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Creates opportunities for employee growth
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction or Engineering preferred
- Valid driver's license as driving is an essential function of this position
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum 2-4 years construction experience or equivalent
- Minimum of completing the New Hire Certification (6-12 months as Assistant Construction Manager)
- Ability to manage construction processes in a high production environment
- Ability to direct and manage trade performance
- Good verbal and written communications
- Ability to read blueprints
- General knowledge of municipal permitting and regulations
- General knowledge of building codes
- Strong knowledge of construction-related scheduling software
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ability to control cost overruns and manage a budget
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will provide a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability that will enable the individual to have an equal opportunity to participate in the application process and to be considered for a job.
Pulte Homes of Minnesota is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.
This job has expired.