Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career… or your job title…it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Controls Design Engineer will work collaboratively with other engineers in the planning, design, and development of the regulation, supervision and optimization subsystems of the Trip Optimizer product, which is an Energy Management/Cruise Control system for heavy haul freight locomotives. This role will leverage and build upon your experience and expertise to help create state-of-the-art solutions for a rapidly evolving product line.
The Controls Design Engineer will be responsible for supporting projects with moderate complexity. This role requires the ability to follow an individual work plan and meet both short and long-term objectives. You will resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
In addition, you will:
- Define product controls and sub-system concepts and requirements
- Work independently or with a small team to execute sub-system design and deployment
- Perform detailed model development and test activities
- Develop and implement sub-system and product validation test plans
- Develop simulation models to evaluate system and sub-system concepts and design
- Participate in Failure Mode and Effects Analysis and risk assessment activities
- Participate in writing product documentation and technical reports
- Work with vehicle, train and hardware engineering to define control component requirements
- Support systems engineers and commissioning activities
- Work with product support teams to determine root cause of system failures and implement corrective actions to meet product reliability goals for customers
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Control, Electrical or Mechanical), Physics, or Mathematics from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in an Engineering position
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Wabtec will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.Desired Characteristics:
- Knowledge and practical experience with Matlab / Simulink / RTW
- Knowledge and practical experience with C / C++ programming language Experience in design and/or modeling of controls systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively describe concepts, designs, and analysis to a broad audience
- Experiences which demonstrate the collaborative effort of a team to achieve a common goal or to complete a task in the most effective and efficient way.
- Experiences which demonstrate an orderly approach to finding solutions to problems.
Experiences which demonstrate the ability to prioritize and effectively manage personal time
Master's Degree in Engineering (Control, Electrical or Mechanical), Physics, or Mathematics from an accredited college or university
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This job has expired.