The Corporate Counsel will serve as the Chief Legal Officer's ("CLO") right hand in all legal matters, and will be responsible for a wide range of corporate and compliance matters for our public corporation that is traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Our company has 3,800 employees across 60 locations in eight countries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PROFILE LEVEL DESCRIPTION
- Drafts, reviews, and negotiates a variety of corporate and business unit agreements, including but not limited to: large commercial contracts, non-disclosure agreements with potential targets and new vendors, consulting agreements, joint venture and strategic alliance partnership agreements, service, supply chain and distribution agreements, commercial leases, license and trademark agreements, etc.
- Advises management of the legal implications of various administrative and operational activities. Manages commercial contract disputes and various aspects of litigation for the Company and coordinate with external counsel across the United States.
- Consults and advises the field, various corporate functions and the management team on the legal implications and potential business risks associated with a wide range of business and operational issues that arise in connection with conducting domestic and international business.
- Assist with the Company's compliance training for FCPA, Export Controls, Conflict Minerals, various Privacy Acts and other regulatory compliance requirements as applicable (permitted to use outside vendors and external counsel as necessary).
- Provides succinct high quality legal advice to internal business clients and management team in a timely manner on a broad range of domestic and international legal and regulatory matters for the Company.
- Supports the Company's strategic initiatives, including but not limited to: acquisitions, dispositions, mergers and strategic partnerships (includes negotiation, due diligence and preparing and negotiating transaction documents. You will need to be a significant team contributor on a cross functional M&A team but you will always have help from our paralegals and CLO.
- Participate in continuing legal education programs and other activities as necessary to keep informed of developments in the law, new and proposed statutes and regulations, economic and social issues and other matters related to the Company's business operations.
- Required to have knowledge and experience in general corporate matters, however you will always have access to additional internal and external resources, as well as access to various subject matter experts when needed.
- You need to be proficient in solving a broad range of business issues and people problems; including analyzing and pitching various possible solutions to our management team or various corporate functions.
- You will receive a moderate level of guidance and oversight, but you should be confident enough to perform a large portion of your work independently, but still be willing to ask for help when you need it.
- On a sporadic basis, you may be asked to provide legal training to other coworkers at an annual sales meeting or office managers meeting.
There are no direct reports to this position. You will be responsible for our Legal Intern Program that we have with Texas A&M Law School and be responsible for interviewing and hiring future intern candidates. They will also be available to help you with all aspects of your work.
Under graduate degree and doctorate of jurisprudence degree required. At least 2 to 5 years of experience practicing law, including corporate contract review and negotiations, M&A and be comfortable in advising (with the help of a subject matter expert when needed) on various labor and employment, real estate and business matters that arise in connection with operating a global corporation. COMPETENCY SUMMARY
- Recognizes causes and consequences of actions and events that are not readily apparent to others.
- Efficiently manage the allocation of your time and resources in relation to changing business needs.
- Consider problems from the perspectives of all stakeholders and be able to expand on the thinking or solutions proposed by others when providing your due diligence or legal advice.
- The ability to keep stakeholders up-to-date on the progress of the service they are receiving and update them on any changes in your workload that will affect their deadlines.
- Provides suggestions and/or takes actions that result in improved work processes, communications, or task performance.
- For a complete list of competencies, please see the performance management system.
AZZ is focused on creating superior value in a corporate culture where people can grow professionally and spiritually and T.R.A.I.T.S. matter
- Proficient in word processing and PowerPoint slide preparation.
- Ability to adapt presentation style depending upon the audience being addressed.
. T.R.A.I.T.S. are the values that we expect all employees to embody when interacting with customers, suppliers, vendors, other co-workers and the communities that we live and work. Our TRAITS are Trust, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork, and Safety.Recommended Skills
- Real Estates
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- Leasing (Contract Law)
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Fort Worth, TXJob Type
Not SpecifiedDate Posted
This job has expired.