American Welding & Gas, Inc. has an immediate opening for an Inside Counter Representativein our Williston, NDlocation.
This position has the primary responsibility of assisting customers with purchasing and ordering products focusing on gases and welding/industrial supplies. Duties will also include maintaining hardgoods, receiving and inventory control.
- Assist customers in store and by phone to purchase and order products
- Handle cylinder returns, exchanges and purchases
- Handle cash and charge account transactions. Reconcile cash, credit card, and charge transactions and end of day cash drawers
- Branch collection activities and customer retention calls
- Assist manager with opening and closing store each day including securing all cylinders, locking all areas and setting alarms
- Monitor inventory levels. Check in and put away inventory
- Receive freight and create bar code labels with part numbers
- Schedule deliveries and service calls
- Support outside sales team
- Follow and comply with all company safety policies
- Work with store manager to achieve/surpass budgeted sales projections while maintaining expenses within the parameters allocated by management to achieve profitability
- Assist manager with building and equipment maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Clean driving record
- Work experience in customer service or sales preferred
- Able to move compressed gas and liquid cylinders; Lift 50-75 pounds frequently and maneuver 100+ pound cylinders (rolling, using a cart, etc.)
- Cash register experience preferred
- Ability to operate a forklift preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Motivated, high energy individual that is willing to learn our products and grow with the company
is an industry leader in the manufacturing and distribution of industrial, medical, specialty and beverage gases and associated welding and safety supplies. Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, AWG operates 77 retail locations and 17 gas fill plants located in twenty states stretching from Montana through Florida. With over 550 employees serving customers in over 30 states and Canada, AWG is growing and looking for dynamic individuals to join our team!American Welding & Gas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This job has expired.