West Viriginia University Shared Services Center (SSC) is currently accepting applications for a Customer Care Representative.
Customer Care Representatives in the WVU Shared Service Center serve as the first line of contact for customers. The WVU SSC is a
customer service organization that provides customer support and transaction services to the University in the areas of finance, human
resources and post award grants management. Success in this position will be based off the ability to utilize our customer service process
in partnership with our knowledge base to provide an outstanding customer experience. All members of the SSC are responsible for
advocating for customers to improve their experience at WVU..
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 15 annual leave (vacation) days per year or more based on years of service (employee leave)
- 18 sick days per year
(for when you’re ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family’s, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
- Wellness programs
PAY GRADE - 13. WVU provides competitive wages for its employees, and takes related experience and education into consideration when determining appropriate salary. What You'll Do
- Respond to customer inquiries and service requests by phone, email, or chat through the case management system.
- Provide accurate information to resolve customer inquiries.
- Log case notes in the case management system for each customer inquiry or request.
- Ask questions, listen intently, and identify what the customer really needs; this should be done in a conversational way making it easy for the customer to share thoughts.
- Escalate issues to customer service leaders or to central units.
- Redirect customers as best as possible for out of scope inquiries.
- Troubleshoot problems and resolving items within your scope; provide detailed information on items escalated to other business units.
- Interface with customers to understand expectations on service and value being delivered.
- Mark cases as resolved when customer requests are fulfilled, or inquiries are answered.
- Submit requests for new knowledgebase articles based on inquiries received in the SSC.
- Submit request to modify knowledgebase articles based on information learned.
- Submit ideas for continuous improvement to the operations team.
- Complete transactional work as needed.
- Apply policies, procedures, and guidelines appropriately and setting the example for communication skills, work ethic, and judgment; always uphold WVU values.
- Participate in ongoing training experiences offered within the SCC and within WVU; use initial training and ongoing training to provide accurate information.
- Special projects as needed.
- Collaborate with supervisor to meet or exceed contact center metrics.
High school diploma.
A minimum of one(1) year of experience involving:
- Communicating well and working with a variety of constituencies.
- Using Microsoft Office Products.
- Using Windows-based applications and strong internet skills.
Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing. Listens to others and effectively comprehends information.
Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated success in networking and ability to build and maintain effective relationships, both internally and externally.
High degree of integrity, ethical practices, tact and ability to be direct and influence others while remaining diplomatic.
Ability to sell ideas persuasively and settle differences in a manner that strengthens relationships.
Ability to read and understand procedures.
High-energy, adaptability, and empathy.
Dependable; strives to be at work when scheduled.
Resourceful; able to search for accurate answers.