West Virginia University Research Corporation is currently accepting applications for a Data Analyst with the WV Clinical & Translational Science Institute.
About the Opportunity
As a Data Analyst you will assist investigators with their data retrieval and management needs, performing tasks such as generating summaries, statistics and reports using query and report-writing tools, as well as Structured Query Language (SQL).
You will develop data management standards, procedures, and documentation using knowledge of the healthcare regulatory environment to ensure conformance to internal and external policies, protocols, and regulations such as HIPAA. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Research Data Services.
This position allows for flexibility in work location, including potential hybrid or remote work/work from home options. Travel to the WVU Campus may need to occur based on organizational needs throughout the year.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
What you'll do:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
- A range of health insurance and other benefits
- Dependent Education Scholarship
- WVU Perks
- And More!!
- Provide WVCTSI investigators with customized data sets using knowledge of SQL.
- Maintain expertise in SQL and other data extraction tools.
- Develop expertise in Epic clinical databases (Clarity, Caboodle, etc.)
- Develop expertise in clinical common data models such as OMOP.
- Use knowledge of healthcare terminologies and classification systems (such as ICD10, LOINC, etc.) to aid researchers with their research and data requests.
- Identify relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of research.
- Develop data models for applications, metadata tables, views, or related database structures.
- Design and develop data warehouses for researchers.
- Develop data management standards, procedures, and documentation using knowledge of the healthcare regulatory environment to ensure conformance to internal and external policies, protocols, and regulations such as HIPAA.
- Maintain strict security and confidentiality of patient information.
- Perform quality control audits to ensure accuracy, completeness, or proper usage of clinical systems and data. Create supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow.
- Design and implement warehouse database structures in collaboration with software architects.
- Develop and implement data extraction procedures from other systems, such as administration, billing, or claims.
- Collaborate with system architects, software architects, analysts, and others to understand business or industry requirements.
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, or other related discipline OR an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience with data management activities.
- Skilled at effective data collection and creating effective customized data sets.
- Proficient in SQL query building.
- Proficient in using database management software/tools.
- Knowledge of MSSQL and Oracle databases.
- Skilled at using logic and mathematics to solve problems.
- Effective time management skills at meeting deadlines.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems used to assign and track projects amongst team members.
- Basic Proficiency in a high-level programming language (python, Java, C#).
- Skilled at identifying and verifying appropriate clinical source documentation for data reporting.
- Knowledge of regulatory aspects of protocol management.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar, and the ability to communicate clearly.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Maintain skills in, or knowledge of, professional principles, legal and/or reporting requirements affecting area of responsibility.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.