Seeking a motivated and experienced back end and ETL developer who will be responsible for integrating, transforming, and consolidating data from various structured and unstructured data systems into structures that are suitable for building analytics solutions using Microsoft tools and technologies. Remote work option within the USA is available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help stakeholders understand the data through exploration, building and maintaining secure and compliant data processing pipelines by using different tools and techniques to produce cleansed and enhanced datasets for analysis.
- Ensure that data pipelines and data stores are high-performing, efficient, organized, and reliable, given a specific set of business requirements and constraints.
- Deal with unanticipated issues swiftly and minimizes data loss by performing data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Design, implement, monitor, and optimizes data platforms to meet the data pipeline needs ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Provides bridge between existing SSIS DW and future of Azure Data Factory & Azure Synapse Analytics solutions.
- Support & maintenance of existing data flow solutions.
- Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work.
- Works closely with a team of frontend and backend engineers, product managers, and analysts.
- Design data integrations and data quality framework.
- Understanding of use cases for semi-structured & relational data tech a plus.
- Data modeling of combined business data (ERP) and specialty system data in Power BI to engineer shared datasets for self-service reporting via Power BI & Excel
Job Requirements Education and Experience Requirements
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL Server Tools including SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Integration Services (SSIS).
- Strong understanding of Azure Data Factory.
- Familiarity with Azure Synapse Analytics a plus.
- Strong skills in designing and maintaining existing SSIS/Azure Data Factory solutions.
- Proficient in writing complex SQL queries and creation of SQL Server stored procedures and
- Enterprise experience developing and maintaining SQL Server 2016/2019.
- Perform data analysis, assess data quality, perform data cleanup and develop benchmarks and reporting.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process oriented with great documentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field. Relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of SQL experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience developing Microsoft BI Solutions including SSIS, Azure Data Factory, data models and OLAP cube solutions using Visual Studio
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.