The Data Science Rotation Program provides broad learning opportunities across the Data Science organization of the LexisNexis Insurance Division. Successful candidates will holistically learn our business during this two-year program while rotating through a series of Analytical product development related assignments and projects. Potential assignments include but are not limited to these analytical teams: data wrangling, attribute creation, model development, solution implementation and quality assurance. Candidates will be exposed to the full lifecycle of an Insurance policy including customer acquisition and retention, point of contact, underwriting, pricing, compliance and claims. Candidates will work with solutions across the Auto, Home, Life and Commercial insurance markets. The program will be located at our headquarters in Alpharetta, GA and may include some travel.
Additional highlights of this rotational program include interaction with key leaders of the organization, high visibility assignments that directly support the business, and exposure to foundational development opportunities.
Program participants will receive targeted training designed to not only enhance technical skills but also develop core competencies (i.e. Teamwork, Problem-solving, Communication, Influence, and Business-partnering) to help them be successful in the organization long-term.
- Assemble, clean, merge, and parse Big Data files to detect meaningful trends and predictive patterns
- Conduct analysis in support of existing and new product development, and/or customer sales
- With direction, develop predictive solutions, documents model code, and work with internal or external stakeholders to validate predictive value of data driven solutions
- Develop attributes, filtering logic and rules from raw data sources to support multiple machine learning approaches
- Provide support for client inquiries regarding score calculations, model performance or other analytic output
- Understand and follow analytic plans by identifying and executing the appropriate analytical technique
- Clearly document and communicate analytic work and/ or results
- MS in Data Science, Math, Stats, Comp Sci, or other quantitative/applied math field.
- Python or R strong preferred, experience with imperative programming languages, such as C++ and Java, a plus as is SQL experience.
- Data visualization a plus
- Ability and willingness to code or to learn to code.
- Business understanding.
- Data Understanding.
- Problem solver
- Proactive thinker
- Good communication skills - able to ask questions, propose ideas and voice opinions.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.