You have a strong work ethic, are reliable and consider yourself a go-getter. You enjoy working outside with your hands while performing a wide variety of tasks on a daily basis. You manage your time wisely and feel accomplished after a hard day's work. You like a challenge, and can always be counted on to exercise sound judgement on and off the jobsite.
Deck Hands at US Ecology provide support at customer sites by performing line handlings and booming operations.
Day in the Life
While no two days are the same, you can typically expect to:
What you need to apply
- Gear up in your life jacket and other safety gear
- Ensure all deck space is kept clear and clean to maintain safe work zone
- Handle any tow lines as instructed by boat operator
- Make connects of the boom being deployed and make sure all lines are securely tied when boom is stowed
- Act as a point of contact to our customer if the boat operator is unable to answer the radio or phone
- Perform water blasting, vacuum technician work, marine work, confined space entry, spill response and industrial maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Ability to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Valid driver's license
- Willingness to work extended hours or shift work, weekend hours and on-call hours
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening
- Be physically able to wear personal protective equipment when necessary
US Ecology helps our customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for our children and their grandchildren.For your hard work
- Tuition reimbursement after six months
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
- 100% employer paid medical for you
- Paid Time Off
- Cash Recognition Programs
- Find out more at www.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This job has expired.