Join National Dentex - a leading healthcare organization specializing in the dental industry. We offer a full spectrum of specialized products, services, and technologies to address any dental restoration need. Currently, we have 60+ labs throughout the country. Our team is growing, and we are seeking to fill a number of key positions within our organization including this opportunity at NDX Keller in Fenton, MO for a Full-Time Dental Lab Technician II (Fixed QC).
The regular hours for this position are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and subject to change from time to time.
This is a full-time position featuring employee benefits including: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; 401K with company contribution; and tuition reimbursement!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Read prescriptions, specifications and preferences received from doctor.
- End of line inspection of completed cases.
- In line inspection of surveys, articulated cases and wax-ups.
- Screening of outgoing cases to verify accurate product and prescription and preferences were followed.
- Screening of incoming cases to address concerns with doctors on returned cases and verify case has been checked in correctly.
- Error tracking (internal/external remakes, credits). Log all cases that don’t pass inspection and submit all information to manager on a weekly basis for review on any of the areas stated above.
- Utilize “Cases to Ship” report to expedite late cases.
- Participate in communication with Technical Communications to gain information for production that will insure the success of the case and a timely return to production (product irregularities, date changes, broken model work, etc).
- Provide appropriate feedback to communications/sales team leader, production leader and training regarding remake/return issues.
- Follow up on cases in lab requiring specific attention, running weekly or monthly restart reports, and follow up on remake/restart cases.
- Solve issues and problems requiring investigation and research in a timely manner. Report progress to the managers.
- Participate in data entry, as requested.
- Conduct in-line and final inspections of fixed products to ensure a quality product is delivered to customers on a daily basis.
- Inspect cases ensuring the doctor’s preferences are acknowledged and satisfied, and RX & TTP’s have been accurately followed. Return cases that need corrected and provide feedback to team members who produce substandard work. Provide feedback to Production Manager of any trends identified.
- Provide ongoing availability to team members and new hires to answer technical questions, provide case evaluations and on-the-spot training.
- Inform Production Manager of any team member’s lack of adherence to departmental policies.
- Seek advice and input from management when needed.
- Identify daily reprints and match reprints accordingly.
- Utilize basic computer skills to look up cases in Magic Touch (DLCPM). Print daily reports in order to find the outstanding cases to pack at the end of the day and then get them into shipping.
- Compliance with Safety procedures.
- May assist Production Manager with the daily distribution of work.
- May be asked to assist in the production of fixed prosthetics by contouring utilizing a hand-piece and Technical Team Policy and/or the staining & glazing utilizing a brush, a palette of various stains, and Technical Team Policy.
- Participate in available leadership training as directed and showcase a genuine desire to develop professionally.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to distinguish minor and major errors
- Excellent reading and comprehension skills
- Comfortable and diplomatic with returning work to technicians
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively communicate technical information.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Basic computer skills
- Exhibits the Core Values of Keller: Honesty, Respect, Commitment, Accountability, and Communication.
Hazardous Materials or Equipment Used:
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- This technician has a minimum of 12 months of experience and is skilled in one or more of the skills associated with a Dental Laboratory Technician.
- Hand piece
- Shell Blaster
- Bard Parker Blade
- General purpose cleaner
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and/or reach.
- Exhibit fine motor skills and/or perform repetitive motions.
- Regularly required to push, pull, bending and/or squatting
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Vision capabilities: Depth perception, attention to detail and/or color
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This job has expired.